z

Young Writers Society

Natural Photography

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:13 am
Swires says...

Ok, heres a bit of macro photography that me and my friend did whence we doth bored one afternoon. They are taken around a farm hedgerow in the English midlands. I enjoy photography and Im pleased with these.

I think this one is the worst:

Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:31 pm
Revere says...

Wow, those are really beautiful photos. I especially like the second one, with the lady bug. I don't think the last one is all that bad - it's just as good as the others.

I've tried to take nature photos, but they don't turn out very good at all. :P
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:57 pm
Cassandra says...

These are beautiful! The first one is my favorite. :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:41 pm
Areida says...

Those are very nice. Even though I hate ladybugs, I think the second one is my favourite.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:47 pm
Emerson says...

The purple in the first one is...very beautiful, its a nice capture of nature :-D

It's impressive you got those bugs to be so still, ha ha ha. And, the last one would have turned out better if it was shot at a different angle, you know?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:57 am
Elizabeth says...

Aww these were so pretty! I like the one with the ladybug that's the best so far. :) KEep it up.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:04 am
sabradan says...

You really should be pleased with these, they are very good. The third one is probably my favorite/the best in my oppinion.
The only critique I can really give to tell to always remember your composition concepts: KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid, beware of busyness and be mindful of both positive and negative space. That, and always be aware of where your light source is/the lighitng you have.

With practice these'll be even better.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

614 Reviews

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:20 pm
Swires says...

Claudette wrote:The purple in the first one is...very beautiful, its a nice capture of nature :-D

It's impressive you got those bugs to be so still, ha ha ha. And, the last one would have turned out better if it was shot at a different angle, you know?

Thanks for the tips but when you are leaning over 4 foot of bramble with a camera at arms length on a hot summers day its kind of hard to get an angle at all lol. (j/k)

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:17 pm
Shine says...

These pictures are really nice.I think my favourite one is the third one.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

614 Reviews

Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 pm
Swires says...

Why Thank you ANI

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:05 pm
Esmé says...

I personally like teh one with the ladybug the most. -That doesn;t mean that I don;t like the rest! They're all great! The last one is kind of blurry, though.

614 Reviews

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:07 pm
Swires says...

The last one lacked focus yet - a little cropping wouldn't go amiss I don't think!

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:57 am
Sohini says...

wwo you captured Nature so perfectly.i love all the photos. the lady bird's a neat job.

have a grand year!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:39 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Those are all really good. I actually like the last one, because it has the butterfly and a fly tot he right of it. All of these photos could do with some cropping though, just to take the less interesting parts out that aren't doing anything for the photo. Like the last one, I would take part of the left side off and crop it into a vertical photo. Just a suggestion. Great photos though. :D Keep it up!
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:49 am
carelessaussie13 says...

those are all tres beautifl pics!
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling