z

Young Writers Society

My Photos

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:34 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Hey, these are just a few of the photos from my holiday in France 2006. I'm really interested in photography so hopefully,
someone'll be able to give me some tips. :)

Kay.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:00 pm
View Likes
Wiggy says...

Those are GORGEOUS Kay!!!! I'm especially interested in the ruin ones-where exactly did you take those? They're so intriguing!

I don't know which one is my favorite. They each represent a different element, so I can identify with all of them. They're all beautiful in their own way, too. Excellent photography, Kay!

For tips (since I love photography too), the only thing I can suggest is look for the unusual. I find that's the key to fascinating pictures-finding the unusual in the everyday. Don't just take a picture of that tree-find that specific piece of bark that is shaped like the state of Montana on that tree. I'm sure you know that (since that last picture is so-psychadellic (sp?)), but that's just my two cents. Great job and glad you had a fun time!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:05 pm
sabradan says...

Most of them are good as far as snapshots go, but you really need to work on composition, and also lighting/busyness. The best one on here was number 2, it was lighted more or less correctly, had great composition, and wasn't too busy.

Contact me via PM for more details.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:11 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Wiggy --

Hehe, thanks. All of them were taken in the Vendee region in France. Pretty good photo opportunities, if you look in the right places, but it is one of the more touristy departements I've been to.

Sab --

Yeah, I think 2 is my favourite too.

Thing is, I don't have any books on photography and I've never had any lessons either, so I just need general advice.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:55 am
Myth says...

Wow, Kay, these are beautiful! I love No. 2 and 6. Where in France was it taken?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:44 pm
ibelieve_inme says...

lovely photos, keep it up

tips: black and white can make buildings and lanscapes seem intriguing, and make the "looker" wonder about the missing colors. Also, Try closeups of different things with texture, to capture the reality of things such as ancient ruins, plants, etc.

my favorite photo opportunity: really interesting shadows...try it out.
I open my mouth to sing, and you can see right through me.
I open my eyes to see, And I’m invisible
I look around me to take in my surroundings
And I disappear - And then the words begin...

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:54 pm
Swires says...

I love them. Well done Kay.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:49 am
sabradan says...

Irish lad: Do not hijack threads. If you want to display your work, make your own thread for it.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:09 pm
Sponson Light says...

'oi, make yer own thread. Hijacking is bad, unless they explicitly allow anyone (or individually) the right to post works in the thread.

I like the ruins, I dont think Ive ever seen such buildings!

Only like, Mayan stuff but cmon.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:07 am
Sohini says...

cool pics.
i love no.4!!!
happy mew year!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:16 am
Shine says...

Kay:nice photography!

Irish:those are cool.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:04 am
Karma says...

I think that I like 10 the best, just because of the abstractedness.
What exactly is it?
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:17 am
electricbluemonkey says...

irish_lad, if you would like to post your photographs, do so in your own thread. First of all, you're stretching out the width of the page, and (like Sponson and Sabradan said) hijacking someone's post.

And Kay, these are great. The second one looks like something a professional photographer could have done. Wow. The lighting on the fourth one is really bad. The resolution (or whatever its called) looks weird too.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri May 18, 2007 6:57 pm
theron guard says...

awesome pics. I would buy them in a second! Put them on ebay! Please!
Ohhhhhhh YEAH!!!!!!

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest