z

Young Writers Society

Gengar’s Arts + Crafts Pokéball

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:53 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Yep, it’s him! The funky little man is occupying my brain space. He’s just spinning around like a DVD. The little goober, utterly blorbo little guy
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

122 Reviews

Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:57 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Another update:

[Image ID: a cardboard mask, in the shape of Keith from “Not My Circus.” The mask is now colored, but has no eyes. It sits on a pile of newspaper comics. /End ID]

@Spearmint @gremlingeodes
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:09 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Update: it’s almost done, just gotta finish the eyes and make some expressions

122 Reviews

Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:48 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Okay, it’s (mostly) finished! I’m not able to put it on my face yet, I gotta figure that out

[Image ID: a cardboard mask in the shape of Keith from “Not My Circus.” He is smiling and is looking at the viewer. In the background is a pencil drawing of Keith, facing forward and with a neutral expression. /End ID]

Also there’s a concept art in the background
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

122 Reviews

Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:54 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

He’s also got attachable eyelids and movable eyebrows

[Image ID: a cardboard mask shaped like Keith from “Not My Circus.” The mask is tilted towards the camera, so that Keith has a smug expression. He has drooping eyelids and one raised eyebrow. /End ID]

Sin City wasn’t made for you
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:51 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I don’t have pictures rn, but I am starting this mini little passion project of sorts:

I’m going to make mini zines and place them around my school (i found out ab zines through pinterest. So, naturally, I must pour my soul into making them for the foreseeable future).

The idea behind these ones is that, once you find one, you add something to the zine (stickers, drawings, etc) and either give it to someone else or “hide” it somewhere where someone else can find it.

Will it catch on? Probably not, but hey! It’s the artistic vision that counts!

122 Reviews

Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:54 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Forgot to post this, but my first dragon puppet Hazard got a glow-up

[Image ID: a paper dragon puppet on a blurred background. It has grey skin with a yellow muzzle, with a black zig-zag separating the two colors. It has an angry expression. Its pupil is triangular with an exclamation point in the middle, and its eye has dripping eyeliner. There is a beauty mark next to the eye. The dragon has two brown horns on the back of its head, as well as one brown horn on its nose. /End ID]
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:50 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

GengarIsBestBoy wrote:I don’t have pictures rn, but I am starting this mini little passion project of sorts:

I’m going to make mini zines and place them around my school (i found out ab zines through pinterest. So, naturally, I must pour my soul into making them for the foreseeable future).

The idea behind these ones is that, once you find one, you add something to the zine (stickers, drawings, etc) and either give it to someone else or “hide” it somewhere where someone else can find it.

Update: I made all of them and put them in random places around my school. Will update if anything happens!

122 Reviews

Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:27 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

GengarIsBestBoy wrote:
GengarIsBestBoy wrote:I don’t have pictures rn, but I am starting this mini little passion project of sorts:

Update: I made all of them and put them in random places around my school. Will update if anything happens!

Update: it's been a week, I don't think anything happened. I'm not too bothered, though

122 Reviews

Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:25 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Spoder

[Image ID: a crudely-drawn spider with a watercolor artstyle. It has a circular body, two red eyes, and four legs. The text on the bottom reads “spoder” /End ID]
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:32 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Had to draw a comic for my government homework, couldn’t help myself. Ignore that I spelled license wrong

Context:
There was this big list of state government powers, and we had to choose 8 to make a comic.

[Image ID: a comic with 8 panels. There are two characters, one who is round and one who is square

Panel 1: the round character is holding a paper, and says “Check it! I just got one of the five licenses!”
Panel 2: he says “Drivers license…” and has a steering wheel above him
Panel 3: he says “Marriage license…” and has hearts above him. He has his hands on his cheeks.
Panel 4: the round character now has semi-realistic eyes and a creepy smile. He says “license to kill…”
Panel 5: his face returns to normal. He says “…and business and doctor’s license!”
Panel 6: the square character has a horrified expression on their face.
Panel 7: a close-up of the square character’s face. They say “what?”
Panel 8: the comic zooms out and shows that the two are in a park, which is called “Weirdo Park.” There are trees, a gate, and a sign that says “no littering” /End ID]

(By the way, I can’t really find information on how to write image IDs for comics, I hope I did it right! )
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

122 Reviews

Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:34 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Random art dump! All of these, except for the Keith one, are kinda old; i was just looking thru my gallery, lol

This is my oc Angel. He’s an alien and he’s literally just me

[Image ID: a digital drawing of a yellow humanoid character. He has a round head and light yellow skin, as well as freckles and a blue swirl on his forehead. There are floating angel wings above his head. He wears a shirt that is pink, purple, and green, as well as blue overalls with a heart and a smiley face. He has an embarrassed expression, with wide eyes, blush, and a smile. In the bottom left corner is a screenshot of Amity Blight from The Owl House, who has a similar expression. /End ID]

——

Keith is adorable and I love drawing him. Bonus points of you recognize this dress! (I didn’t draw it completely right, but whatever)

[Image ID: a digital drawing of Keith from “Not My Circus.” He is winking, and stands in a confident pose with his fingers poking his cheeks. He wears a white and green cheerleader dress, which has the letter W on the chest. The background is green geometric squares and sparkles. /End ID]

——

These two are named Eugene (above) and Kris (below). They’re the queerplatonic couple who are 110% in sync, all the time. I used to really love these ocs, but they’re kinda defunct now because I could never decide what their personalities or backstories were supposed to be

[Image ID: a digital drawing of two characters, where one is being held above the other’s head. The one on top has dark purple skin, hair that looks like a liquid, light pink boots, and pink pants with a matching crop top. He has a dramatic pose and facial expression. The one on the bottom has olive green skin, arms and legs that fade to black, and green tentacle hair. She wears a brown plaid dress with a white undershirt. She has an excited pose and facial expression. /End ID]

——

Fun fact: this character is actually an old beta version of Molly from “Not My Circus.” Well… not quite. It’s kinda complicated. His name is Rainblob, and he was a character in Eugene’s story. Originally, Eugene was evil, and Rainblob was his favorite henchman. Obviously, since Eugene’s been kinda abandoned, Rainblob was too. But I re-used his design to make Molly.

[Image ID: a digital drawing of a blob-like character. His is blue-green, and he is looking up at the viewer with his tiny hands folded inwards. He has round eyebrows and a mouth shaped like the letter W, as well as blue sclera that fades to green. His body is made of gelatin, as it is shaded darker on the inside. The background is a blue and green geometric dot pattern with a white border. /End ID]
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

122 Reviews

Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:45 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

My friend asked me to draw bald Keith so I drew bald Keith

[Image ID: a blue sticky note with a drawing of Keith from “Not My Circus.” He has no hair and an angry expression, with the caption “He angy.” /End ID]
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:35 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I haven’t really had any time to make new art, but I found an old drawing of Asthma Man

[Image ID: a pencil drawing of Asthma Man from “Spooky Squad.” He has very thin limbs and a head that is flatter on top. /End ID]

Sometimes I look at old drawings and I’m like “how was I this bad?”
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

122 Reviews

Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:13 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I made a worm on a string oc! His name is Blip

[Image ID: a digital drawing of a worm on a string. His body is purple that fades to yellow. His eyes have asterisks in them. He is posed in a shape similar to the letter W. Behind him is a white square tilted to the side. The background is purple with light yellow stripes, and has a grid-like pattern. /End ID]

Also I am trying a new shading technique
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold