z

Young Writers Society

Gengar’s Arts + Crafts Pokéball

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:43 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Testing out my shading technique. His name is Bob and he’s from Spooky Month. My friend told me to draw him in the shape of Isaac from The Binding of Isaac so i did

[Image ID: a digital drawing of Bob Velseb from “Spooky Month.” He is smaller and is shaped like Isaac from The Binding of Isaac. He is smiling and is looking up at the viewer/End ID]
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

122 Reviews

Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:13 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I will print this out and put it on my wall

122 Reviews

Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:08 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I haven’t been posting my art here bc I’ve been posting it to another site but I’m gonna dump some here!

I’ve been seeing this art technique to make your art look cartoony and 3d. This isn’t gonan be a permanent style but it’s cute and I like it. Here’s me experimenting with some character designs:

[Image ID: a digital drawing of a pink hippo in a 3d art style. She has a green dress with yellow flowers. There are three yellow triangles to show excitement. The background is green and yellow diagonal stripes. /End ID]

[Image ID: a digital drawing of a pink cat in a 3d art style. They wear a blue dress with light blue wavy stripes. The cat is walking away from the viewer, with a happy expression. There are white glowing sparkles by the cat’s face. The background is blue with light blue wavy stripes. /End ID]

I also made this little isopod oc named Iso. It is a panda king isopod! I kinda made this oc for the show Bugbo, but I guess they’re not explicitly a Bugbo oc; i just like to draw or write about them interacting with the canon characters

[Image ID: a digital drawing of an isopod sitting under a rock. It has purple and periwinkle stripes. /End ID]

Also… guess what? Asthma man is back, baby!

[Image ID: a digital drawing of Asthma Man from “Spooky Squad” in a 3d art style. He has a crazy expression and his body is shaking. /End ID

[Image ID: a meme of Asthma Man using the previous drawing. The caption reads: “Look me in the eyes. Do you feel it? The madness consuming your mind. The utter despair in the face of the inevitable.” /End ID]

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever explained why Asthma Man is named Asthma Man… so, here is the explanation:

Spoiler! :
So, first off, I have a tendency to create character designs before creating characters themselves. So that’s why the lore of my stories is so needlessly complex and goes through 10 thousand loopholes just to make sense.

Anyways, Asthma Man is partially based on a character named Spamton from the video game Deltarune. Spamton was like this internet salesman, but his mind becomes corrupted and now he spits out word salad.

I remember I watched this comic dub compilation, and in one of the comics Spamton is just saying a jumble of random words and advertisement phrases. One of the things he says is “ASTHMA” and it was so moving that i needed to create a character.

Well… there you have it

(By the way, SonorousMelody is my user in another site so thats why you see the watermark)

122 Reviews

Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:38 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Hey everybody! I want to improve accessibility for my artwork, so I have started to add image descriptions to my art. I'm not perfect at it, but I hope it helps at least a little bit.
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:41 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I drew Keith and Molly in my sketchbook! I like to imagine that they dress up together with matching outfits. Still a wip because hands are hard.

[Image ID: a sketch of Keith and Molly from “Not My Circus.” Keith has his arms spread out and has a calm expression with his eyes closed. He is wearing a button up shirt with frilly sleeves, a flowing skirt, and large boots. There are three triangles floating on either side of his face, to signal excitement. Molly is looking up at him with a happy expression. She is wearing a bow. In the top right corner is a drawing of Keith’s face, with a smile and eyes open. /End ID]

122 Reviews

Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:25 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I’m bored and I just watched the Beetlejuice musical so here, have a creepy old guy. It didn’t come out exactly how I wanted to but thats ok (efit: just realized i forgot his nose lol)

[Image ID: A digital drawing of Beetlejuice from Beetlejuice the Musical, drawn in a chibi 3d art style. He has a playful facial expression with his tongue sticking out, and he is standing on one leg with one arm in the air. The background is several green squares layered on top of each other and tilted slightly, with black and white stripes behind it./End ID]
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

122 Reviews

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:28 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

More Beej! He’s really awful and I love him

[Image ID: a digital drawing of Beetlejuice from the Beetlejuice musical. He has a small body and is looking up at the viewer with sparkly eyes. The background is a light green gradient that fades to a brighter green in the middle, with rainbow lines surrounding Beetlejuice. /End ID]

[Image ID: a digital drawing of Beetlejuice from the Beetlejuice musical. He has a small body and is looking up at the viewer with sparkly eyes. The background is white. /End ID]

Spoiler! :
Quick side note here about image IDs, specifically when it comes to describing characters: sometimes I feel like I’m doing things ineffectively. What I’m talking about is just saying a character’s name rather than describing their appearance, which kinda makes the assumption that the viewer already knows the character and source material.
This works well on places such as Tumblr, where there’s communities for pieces of media and even people’s original characters (this is where I learned about image IDs), but to me it doesn’t work as well on YWS because people aren’t going to be familiar with every character. But at the same time, describing a character every tome they appear may make things more complicated and may make image descriptions too long.
I’m not really sure what to do in this situation, so I think I’ll just continue to do things how I’ve been doing them. I hope that mildly-ineffective accessibility is somewhat better than no accessibility at all.

A Prince of Darkness Is a Gentleman
— William Shakespeare