z

Young Writers Society

Cat is being musical-ish

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:01 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Uh, hi! I'm trying to be more comfortable with singing and playing my uke, so I'm opening up this kind of suggestion table so you can suggest some songs for me to cover! I do have a few requirements before you go yelling at me, so hang on.

-The songs can never include any swearing or offensive language. No exceptions.
-It would be highly appreciated if the song was in my range, which is alto, but I do have a decent range.
-I need to be able to play it on my ukulele(that's the only instrument I currently know)! On the same note, please make sure the chords are relatively easy (G, G7, A, Am, F, C, Em, Am7 are the main ones I know but I probably know more/can learn easy new ones)
-I'm pretty open to different genres, but probably not rap. I'd also like some Christian song suggestions!
-Please fill out this form so that I can easily cover it:
Code: Select all
[b]Name of song and artist:[/b]
[b]Link to listen to song:[/b]
[b]Chords of song with lyrics(link):[/b]
[b](Optional but appreciated)Video tutorial link:[/b]

Without further ado, have at it! ^-^ Keep in mind that these are suggestions and there is no guarantee that I will cover it. I will post my covers here and will tag the person who suggested it! If commenting on a posted cover, critiques are welcome but please be gentle, I'm trying to build my confidence here >.<

Love you all <3<3<3 =^-^=
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:56 pm
View Likes
Asith says...

Can't Help Falling In Love is one of the first songs I learnt on uke and it's super easy, but also super pretty as a bonus. I'd love to hear you sing it!

Name of song and artist:Can't Help Falling In Love, Elvis Presley
Link to listen to song: https://youtu.be/vGJTaP6anOU
Chords of song with lyrics(link): https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/el ... le_1482967
It's not in the original key (unless you use a capo), but it's in a key with the chords you posted!

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

The author of my life has some ambitious ideas for me to become a super villain
— FireEyes