z

Young Writers Society

A Few Things

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:09 am
VariousUndine says...

I didn't realize there would even be an Art forum here. I'll do some loitering then.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14341352/ This is probably the most recent piece I did in oekaki which is mine old friend. A few other things I did are on there, too. I generally forget about my DA account these days. Which is bad, but okay. Maybe I'll post there more.
[size=0]"I know it's not a party if it happens every night/ pretending there's glamour and candlelabra when you're drinking by candlelight/ What does it take to get a drink in this place?"~ The Postal Service, "This Place Is A Prison" [/size]

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:01 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Wow, thats pretty good. I liked it, and was very simple. The coloring was awesome.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Random avatar

Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:13 am
VariousUndine says...

http://bpestudios.com/%7Eexemptsilencio/forthem.jpg

And a little thing. *shrug* I draw when I'm angry or when I have to work at something methodically. This had more emotion but by the time I was done I just wanted to get rid of it.
[size=0]"I know it's not a party if it happens every night/ pretending there's glamour and candlelabra when you're drinking by candlelight/ What does it take to get a drink in this place?"~ The Postal Service, "This Place Is A Prison" [/size]

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:15 am
Elelel says...

Very nice! Great how you didn't make it a picture of the whole person, or even of the whole face. That's exellent composition. It took me ... I can't remember how long ... to figure out how to draw like that. Don't throw the second one away! NEVER throw ANYTHING away! It's really good, I can see the emotion running through it (although it strikes me as angry, more sad.) You're also great with colours. The first one is bright, carefree and content. The blue and sorrowful. I noticed the blue one has a white background (and not much of that either, which is exessivly good composition I hope you realise). Why don't you try giving your next picture something there? Just shading, using colours to reflect the mood of the subject. I am very impressed, I must say! :D
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:18 pm
Firestarter says...

Woah these are brilliant! The colouring is really quite great, and I am envious of your talents.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:48 pm
Bobo says...

Dang! You are awesome! I wish I could do that sort of drawing. Well, sorta, I actually like my style, but your coloring is awesome!

418 Reviews

Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:33 am

Wow...the second one is just...wow...just...wow...I have no other way to describe it.

I now pronounce you the best colorer of the board (at least the best colorer who posted his/her art). I mean, that was just awesome, and the picture alone was great. The shading and glare were really nice touches.

...is colorer a word even?
Last edited by electricbluemonkey on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:42 am
VariousUndine says...

^_^;; Thanks.

418 Reviews

Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:04 pm

Yeah, it was a great picture.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:11 am
Tara says...

Wow, I love them! Amazing! :D

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:42 pm
skeptik_225 says...

i love the colours!!!!!! i can't draw faces so much love to you man

145 Reviews

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:10 pm
Tara says...

I love your style, it's great!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

418 Reviews

Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:19 am

Yeah, really. The second drawing is just so real, it looks like a rubber face just coming off the paper. What did you use to color it?

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:39 pm
Wulie says...

awesome simply!!!! I love them - not really into this kind of art but its really coo!!!
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

145 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:54 pm
Tara says...

She's beautiful! More realistic, but with an anime quality to it. This picture's amazing!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo