z

Young Writers Society

Bucking Beauty

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:10 am
Juniper says...

Wow! Amazing drawing! It's perfect to me; it's very hard to get proportions correct-- and I think you did just fine. The only "mean" thing I have to say about it is, the muzzle kind of looks like it's a part of the leg. Other than that, it's brilliant-- a masterpiece! I love it! Keep up the good work!

xxJune

10/10
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:28 am
Flux says...

Wow. This is wonderful. I've never been a good artist, and since I love horses, I've been drawing them for years, but nothing compares to this. Yeah, yeah, so the legs are a little awkward, but with more practise you'll get better. Well, actually you don't need to get better because you're already amazing... but I mean the legs will get better if you ever decided to draw something like this again.

This is, though, a really awkward position for a horse to be in, but the technique was genius! I really felt like I was watching the horse in front of me, and had just snapped a picture! It's truly wonderful. A masterpiece, really.

PEACE ! La Reina
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:19 am
niccy_v says...

WOW i loved that! Maybe it's partly to do with my obsession for the animals but that is a good portrayal. Just a few things:

- The butt/shoulder. Instead of doing circles, or circular strokes, maybe consider following the contours of his butt and doing lots of longer, curving lines? Unsure about the shoulder, maybe do deeper shading?

- The tail and mane are amazing! Fantastic job!

- Back hoof pointing out toward us, was maybe a little too turned around? There needs to be a little more twist in the hock for the base of the hoof to be presented in that way to the viewer.

- The stomach is maybe a little too short? Just one thing i noticed. For the length of the horse, the stomach/gut is awfully short? There doesn't seem to be much of a ribcage...

I love the way you depicted the head and wild mane/tail, and the curves of its body are totally impressive. You have really done a great job!
Writing gives my life purpose

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:53 am
Meep(: says...

I'm so green with envy right now,
If I walked into my garden, I'd blend right in with the plants.
Excellent work!
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:32 am
foxfire says...

It is beautiful...

the sketch is just awesome... the pose is good and it looks like the pose for the ehad is a bit complciated but you got it right...

i never seen a drawing of a horse good as that!!!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:20 am
Clup91 says...

D'you know what? I don't care; could look at this and probably, after a bit of time considering the picture, say that there are faults to it.
Honestly?
The fact that you've done it in pen is amazing and very confident of you, and another thing: it's amazing.

xx
Keep it Old Skool.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:43 am
deathkougra says...

i really liked the picture it is very detailed, it just seemed like the front legs are off, they are really deatial just it seems to look like the horse shouldn't be able to suport the weight
*sigh*

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:41 pm
tdownes says...

Thank you -everyone- for your kindly reviews.
I really appreciate your advice and suggestions for improvement.
So I will be able to get better with your help ^^
once again, thank you so much.
I've never seen so many reviews on one of my pieces before O-O
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

Chickens are honestly little dinosaurs. And they know it.
— ChieRynn