Way fancy! :p I really love the images, but the text looks tacked on. The only exception being the title in the second one which I think looks excellent. I think the title in the first one should not be italic/cursive. Something more like a tall thin text that would go against the whipping hair. Like this (in white or black depending on the novel's tone):
Spoiler
Either way the author would be lucky to have either of these!
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein
I love both! The images are really great and well fitting. The second cover, however, should have a lighter font for the author's name. I agree with inkwell about the title in the first cover. I think you should use a bolder font and not touching that girl's hair at the same time. Other than that, you have done a pretty good job *applause* Good Luck in the contest
I really like these!:D I can sort of tell what the story would be about, but the two covers clashed. One is in reality and one is magical, so I'm sort of confused. Don't judge a book by it's cover, I know, I know. Still I want to know what the story is about. It has to reflect the story, even though I have never ready it. I also agree with the title on the top picture. Otherwise, It's great! I can't wait to see more work from you
Like a dragon, I'll spread my wings and fly. Fly far away from this hatred planet and fly somewhere deep, where I shall be alone. My imagination is paradise.
Both of these are really great covers. The first one is my favorite, though. I like the way the girl's hair is tossed in front of her face. I also like the half hammock in the background (that is a hammock, yes?). The second one looks a little awkward to me. I can tell she's flying, but for some reason it looks like her face is facing up while her body is facing down. Make sense? I don't know, it could be just me.
Good job!
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.
Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!
* * *
"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright
Wow! Nice work here Smylin! I've made it kind of a task to review all the covers that get submitted, but I can't do it in great detail because of cheating and whatnot. What I will say though is that you seemed to have captured the fantasy element really well and the pictures are intruiging. I can't think of improvements that haven't already been mentioned but thanks for entering and good luck! Icy
I edited the images, which I found on the internet, and then turned them into covers. I think that's what most people do. If not, then I'm thoroughly embarrassed.
You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting. — J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan