z

Young Writers Society

self portraits, and others.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:32 pm
Amy says...

this is a dog that randomly came up to me at my bus stop. the dog had the prettiest eyes.
This is in Bend Oregon.
a horrible self portrait with my old hair.
my little brother.
i was standing on top of the mountain in the middle of Ben Oregon. i don't remember what it is called.
Honestly, i think this looks crazy. another self portrait.
i took this picture of my cousin under a street light in Bend Oregon. pretty random.
another self portrait.

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:39 am
un-insane peyton (hopeful says...

Personaly I like the pictue you in the mirror. Though your right about the drawn picture exept for the eyes and freckles it's pretty bogus. The dog looks like it must be part wolf my aunt Jody has one that kinda looks like that. It has cool eyes.
"My mother used to say that there are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet. She's now in a maximum-security twilight home in Australia" Dame Edna Everage

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:24 am
Lava says...

Really sorry, But I don't have much time right now to review each.(Gotta study)

But the mirror thing is just OMG! You have gotta love it. It just caught my attention immediately. Just love it!
I don't really like the street light one. Too blurred and isn't attracting.
The one after it, is nice too! Like that!
I like the dog too!

Also, the varying sizes of the images is kind of unsettling. Makes it hard to view.

~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 am
Juniper says...

Hi Amy! I'm June!

:D Wow, you're good!

The dog is so cute! It's big too! I love the sepia effect here, it really gives a "lonely" feel to the poem, sort of making us think that the dog is wandering. Nice work!

Whoa! That photo of the trees is really cool with the photo effects like that! It's amazing-- beautiful! Nice work with that one, I love it!

Horrible? You silly girl, that is one beautiful shot, dear! It's perfect! I love the monotony of the photo, and the subject is indeed beautiful :).

The photo of your brother is very creative! It's from an angle that would usually seem uninteresting/annoying, but there's something about it that pulls our eyes in. Great work! :D

Nice mountain shot! It's a little small, haha!

The "drawing" one came out cool! I really like the details on the eyes-- beautiful!

The one of your cousin is really soft and has a bit of noise to it, but the whole idea of the photo is really, really cool. Beautiful!

Aaand! Nice self portrait! You're pretty! :D

Keep it up, Amy! You're really good!

June :)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:58 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

I only had time to look at the first three, the Husky - or is it a wolf? - and the forest scene and you in the mirror.

The dog was a little blurry, but the brown tint in the photo makes it interesting. I would have liked to see the dog in its natural colors, though...

The forest scene is like a fairy tale. The contrast in the colors just makes it so dreamlike! Could I draw this one and use it as a scene in one of my novels? It is that amazing!

And wow. You say the self portrait is horrible; it's FABULOUS! It is absolutely beautiful! I love it! I want to draw that one just for the heck of drawing it! Could I? lol

Great pics! I can't wait to see more!
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare