7%
Ugh.. what a time waste!
7%

Total votes : 14

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:10 am
Damsel.in.distress says...

Unedited, raw pics from my trip to one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to, Coorg, India.

Abbey Falls

A real rickety hanging wooden bridge ( Which we weren't allowed to go on :( )

P.S. I can't get the size to reduce!!! Sorry!
Last edited by Damsel.in.distress on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am and that's something you can't be :)

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:16 am
anti-pop says...

Hi, Damsel! xD

Welcome to YWS! I'm happy to see that you're getting around the site smoothly.

The first picture is lovely! I'm a sucker for waterfalls, so my opinion is slightly bias, of course. :P
Although, I think you could stand to maybe crop out the wires/lines beneath the water. It kind of distracts from the beauty of the rushing falls.

The second picture is fabulous also. This one could most definitely be cropped though (especially with the date on there), and there's just a bit too much water.
Other than that, I love how the bridge sort of brings together the upper part of the photo with the lower part - the trees and the water. Amazing!

And don't worry about the size, it's perfect! ;)

~anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

6 Reviews

Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:29 am

Thanks!! I was trying to figure out what to do about the second one, but couldn't quite come up with anything!! Now that you've pointed it out, I've realized I need to do just that, and I did! Thanks again!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:44 am
Kikuyo says...

Hello! :D

I really like your first picture. It looks like it would be breathtaking to really be there and see it. I really love how you've even captured the mist in the air.

The second one doesn't strike me as much. It looks too tourist-y.

You're so lucky to have gone to India :D. I really hope you enjoyed it there. Hehe, did you buy a sari? Do you have any other pictures of India? I'd love to go get some photos of the old Hindu temples.
A single plum blossom, then another, opening one by one.
And the first plaintive notes of the bush warbler’s song.
Signs of the coming spring.
To tell the truth, they only make me long
To see you again…

6 Reviews

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:55 pm

I LIVE in India! xD

Not in the places I've photographed here, but yeah I do live in India!! And I have some photographs of hindu/buddhist temples, only I didn't think anyone would be interested in them so I didnt post them, and thanks! It really was breath taking to actually stand in front of the falls :)

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:26 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy Damsel! Are you kiddin me? This is India?!?!?! Not the places I went to...I just saw the temples and the houses and the towns...These pictures are gorgeous!! The one with the waterfall is a little cliche, since everyone takes pictures of waterfalls...But, I'm not a big fan of stuff like that, so consider me a bit biased...Anywayz, the second picture is gorgeous! It's the kind of thing that nobody would think of taking a picture of, and is hidden. The background and the trees just enhance its perfection...Enhancing perfection?? Okay then I'm not making sense, so I'll leave now...But, great job on this and the size is perfect...Gold star for you!
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:52 am
October Girl says...

Your pictures are TOTALLY worth looking at. This is extremely beautiful. Your good. I love photography myself. I think your great. Keep working at it.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

6 Reviews

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:29 am
View Likes

Ooh..then you missed out on a lot then fluteluvr, because along with the people and the towns and the places you've probably visited, this is India too. :) Next time you visit, bug your parents to take you there ( It's Coorg, in Karnataka). Thank you for the gold star :D

And October girl, thansk to you too. A lot. :)

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:23 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi, Damsel! I'm Music.

Yes, your pictures are worth looking at, silly darling!

1.) Like anti-pop, I'm a sucker for waterfalls. I really liked this one. The subject is beautiful. It's just gorgeous.

2.) If you would zoom in just a bit, I'd really like it. If you could find some way how, take out a bit of the water in the bottom. :wink:

Overall, I really liked these! You have potential!

Love,
Music. :)
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 am
Juniper says...

Hey Damsel! I'm June!

*gasp!* What great shots!

1 - This is quite beautiful! I love how the color is raw; how it doesn't appear to have much shadows/sunlight. It's perfect! I like the little house too-- whoever lived there is rather brave.

2 - I would have totally ran across that bridge! :P Just kidding-- it's looks rather rickety. I wonder how do people ever hang those bridges? (The water looks inviting, too...)

This is a first attempt? No way! These are really good! You're a natural! :D

Keep it up! I want to seem more!!

June :)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver