Young Writers Society

Collage of the Rain

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:12 am
View Likes
Stella_Grrl says...

No Longer Available
Last edited by Stella_Grrl on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:07 pm
View Likes
tdownes says...

Wow, these are absolutely exquisite!
How on earth did you get such perfect shots?
What lovely shades of green, too. ^^
The dew drops looks like little glass spheres or something..
I really cannot find anything to critique; this seems to be the trademark of a truly professional photographer!
Would love to see more of your stuff!
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

Random avatar

Reviews: 254
Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:57 pm
View Likes
mikedb1492 says...

Wow. This is the sweetest thing since sliced bread. I love the lush green color and how in each droplet you can see a something. I think in that one droplet there's a rive or something, but it's hard to tell. My favorite was the middle one since the droplets vividly showed the thing they reflected, and it was cool.

Anyway, great photography.
Trying to get to heaven without Jesus is like climbing to the summit of Mount Everest naked. You die before it happens.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:07 pm
View Likes
Via says...

Hi Stella--

This is a wonderful idea, and I loved the leaves that you chose: the colors are exquisite and bold and stand out very well. I like the 1-2-lots order idea here.

The third picture is certainly my favorite. The entire photo is incased in green, the water droplets are perfect and almost seem to grow from one side to the other. Everything is absolutely perfect here except the water droplet all the way to the left: I want to see the whole thing rather than have it cut off.

The other two pictures, however, leave a bit to be desired. Unlike the third picture, neither of these is in focus. Sometimes lack of focus is good and can add to a photo, but this is not one of those cases. The water droplets are such a large percentage of the photo that any area in the background that is not focused takes away from the photo and interfere's with the subject. Especially in the first photo, the fuzziness on the bottom goes all the way into the bottom of the droplet, which makes the photo unclear and much less bold then it should be.

This is a great start, and I look forward to seeing more of your photos! :]
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:58 am
View Likes
Juniper says...

WOW! Talk about awesome! I love the slide like layout. It's not like some of those other collages where the photos are just stacked. It's sequenced and I agree with the person above me who said you can see something in each droplet. This is so cool, it's unique, and it has so much originality to it that I can't put it to words. I love it!
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:28 pm
View Likes
Kaylyn says...

Wow. perfectly exquisite. I don't understand how you got these perfect shots, they are just great. You should definately look into a career in photography because youre just that good. I can't take very good pictures... I do better at drawing them. You should submit this into a contest.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:41 am
View Likes
miyaviloves says...

Wow I really love these, the pictures are so crisp and clear its amazing! Did you edit these on photoshop or something? They just look so perfect! What kind of camera were they taken on?

The thirs one is definatly my favourite, it looks like the riandrops have arranged themselves in a pattern :) And The second one has that beautiful crystal effect - really good well done!

All the best,
Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:16 pm
Dreamworx95 says...

Nice! Were these in your backyard or something? Very pretty. I wanna know how you did the last one. If you look closely, tilt your head to the side, scratch it, squint your eyes, you might be able to make planets out of the raindrops...idk, maybe I just see things strangely.

Nice job, though, stells!

Ciao, keep dreamin'

DrEaM

Reviews: 4
Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:11 am
View Likes
Poptimist says...

It's definitely cool! I like the photograph. You made a perfect shot!
The leaf's texture is great. The way you photograph the brightness and colors.
Excellent job!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:06 pm
archer123 says...

Wow! It's beautiful. I love the leaves and how the rain drops are so serene.

I think my favorite one is the first one. Just one rain drop is kind of surreal.

Absolutely beautiful.

*Archer*
Who stole my cookie? Did YOU steal my cookie?
Give me my cookie back!

Haha.... I tricked you! That kid over there has my cookie!

Moo.
— Cow