z

Young Writers Society

Simple Wolf Picture

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:06 am
Katemabob says...

This is a quick drawing of a wolf I did on the computer. Hope you like it. :)
Attachments
Happy-Wolf.jpg
Happy-Wolf.jpg (39.99 KiB) Viewed 320 times
Be crazy, be wild, be silly...
Because life is too short to be cool.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:02 am
Sare Agama says...

this is really good! A few of my nit- pics;
The tail makes it look kind of like a squirrel. Maybe slim it down and not make it so bushy?
the front paw, the left one, has a jutting out part on the top of the leg. I don't know if that was intentional, but it bugs me.
Maybe you should lower the hind leg a bit. It just looks like the wolf is... Anyway, I think you ought to change it.

Overall: You did an awesome job on this. I like how you made it look animeish. That just seems to make it better. :D
Your monthly Bible quote: "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are decietful." Proverbs 27:6

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:52 pm
MeadowLark says...

Heya! This is pretty awesome! It's amazing to see what people can do on computers!Well, my nitpicks are that follows:

The wolf's eye seems a little funny. If I look at it one way it seems to far down, but then at times it doesn't. Or maybe that's just me. His tail is quite bushy for a wolf. The hind leg in the air seems skinnier than all the other ones. Perhaps it's supposed to be like that, I don't know.

I like the shading you did. Overall: Like I said, it's an awesome picture. Keep up the good work!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

47 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:16 pm
Katemabob says...

Thanks Guys, I will try to fix these up... one day...!!! And wait... looks like I forgot to shade some of the legs! I will fix that, too. Anyways, your comments are really helpful. Bye! :D

47 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:50 pm
Katemabob says...

need to make more wolf pics...

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:50 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

Oh, you would know about squirrels, Sis! Did you know they have three hearts?
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:42 pm
VampireBloodrace says...

Awww, that's cute. It's nose is a little to long though - that bugs me :) It's well done for a quick drawing on the computer
Friends are life
Music is life
Love is life
Writing is life
Hate is Death

Reviews: 2
Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:39 pm
World Be Very Afraid says...

Pretty. I do find the nose a bit weird, though. And I agree that the tail makes it look like a squirrel - but only a little bit.

Keep drawing :D

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:00 pm
Juniper says...

Katema! June here!

Awww! How cute! A wolf!

Finally, a not so creepy animal drawing by you, haha!

Hm, take a look at the right, raised paw. Something about it-- perhaps the lighter part of it that shows the toes is a bit off. I think it should meet the top of the foot just like the other side, dear.

The tail is cute! It's nice and fluffly :D. Nice job with the shading!

Girl, you've got some neat skillz.

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:48 am
elizajoe says...

That's really cool, but it looks kind of Disneyish. You know, fluffy and happy. Also, the tail makes it look like a squirrel. But it is still really impressive for being done on the computer. Did you make it in Paint? If so I am really impressed, because its hard to draw detail on Paint. I especially like the shading, but it could use more gradient.
I am a traveler coming to a crossroads
Searching for a signpost
But realizing there isn't one.

I am baby bird in the nest
Eager to taste the freedom of the skies
But afraid to jump

47 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:42 pm
Katemabob says...

elizajoe wrote:That's really cool, but it looks kind of Disneyish. You know, fluffy and happy. Also, the tail makes it look like a squirrel. But it is still really impressive for being done on the computer. Did you make it in Paint? If so I am really impressed, because its hard to draw detail on Paint. I especially like the shading, but it could use more gradient.

Um... no I did not make it on paint. I made it on this thing called: Corel painter essentials. It is for free!1!!
And plus, I do these on a mac and macs dont have paint. :D

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:56 pm
Tree says...

OOH! I like it! That is good for a fast picture! I think you should shade better, though. and put highlights, and make it more detailed..... but oh well its good. its good. its good. its good. it s good. its good. its good. its good. its good . its good. its good . its good. its good. its good. its good. its good. its good. i ts good. its good. YA Unlike all you freaks, I like the tal when its nice and fluffy. Oh! Katemabob, make a bigger head, please. :)

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla