z

Young Writers Society

Panoramic Picture

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:23 am
MeadowLark says...

The screen will surely be stretched by this one. I hate stretching the screen but I'm afraid I may have ruined the quality of this. But that's just me. This is a panoramic picture (I know I spelt it wrong on the pic), but I love it and wanted to share it with everyone ^_^ Enjoy! (Oh, and I was down on that road)
Attachments
Panaramic.JPG
Panaramic.JPG (84.33 KiB) Viewed 147 times
Last edited by MeadowLark on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:59 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Wow, this is beautiful! Where is this picture taken? I love the vibrant colors of the trees, they really stand out...The size just makes it even more beautiful, and the quality is great too! I don't think stretching the screen made the picture worse. If anything, I think the picture's beauty is enhanced by the way you took it...I also loved how this was taken on a rather cloudy day. The clouds, mountains and the trees just form the perfect background to a gorgeous river or the dam. Anywayz, great job on taking this picture and the scenery is amazing! Gold star for you!
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:29 pm
Juniper says...

Meadow Lark!

Wow, I want to come to Canada! BC is ear Vancouver and stuff, right? *is bad with geography*

This is absolutely a gorgeous shot-- and you know, the dam looks sort of like a baseball stadium. Ooers, are those the famous maple trees I see? The water there looks so calm and peaceful.

And, I'm wondering, what is the part in the water for-- really? Is it like... to go fishing or something? Because I can't imagine that someone would want to drive down there :P.

Bee-yoo-ti-ful shot, Meadow! Keep it up!

June ;)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:12 pm
MeadowLark says...

Haha! I'm glad you two like it! This is in Northern British Columbia and June, Vancouver is in BC ^_^ Southern by the coast there.

lol those are poplar trees. And that lake is man made and I believe all that stuff is used to generate power. Yes. They dammed the Peace River for power. And I think people are allowed to drive down that road to tour or something. To see the whole dam. You should see another picture I have. Perhaps I'll post it to show you. It's pretty cool ^_^

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:23 pm
Juniper says...

What! That lake is manmade!? Such a waste! That's subtracting from the natural beauty :(.

Hmph, I was hoping those were Canada's famous Maple trees, Haha.

Really, why would someone want to drive out there, though? It looks dangerous-- like if you lose control of your vehicle, you take a plunge into the water.

:P
Yay! Another picture? Do post it Meadow! I'd love to see it!

<3 June :)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:21 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya Meadow!

First off, this picture was pretty nice. Some comments that would have made it nicer:

Put the trees lower down on the picture so we get more sky. The trees and the oranges are really distracting.

I would have put the concrete structure closer to the edge of the picture. Not only would we see less of that ugly dam, but it would put the concrete less in the center of the photograph. Therefore, more interesting.

Split this picture in two. The dam and blue stuff in one, the pretty trees and mountains in another. It would make more sense visually to have things split up. ^_^

Questions? Drop me a line!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:28 am
Lava says...

Wow! I'm in love with this place. I don't think there;s much left to crtique. Basically what everyone else said.
Only thing is, I wish the height of the picture was more. I know it's not possible but yeah...
*Makes mental note to self : I have got to see this place*
~lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Shauni says...

Hi there! Shauni here!

I really enjoy the right side of the picture. It's very nice, really beautiful. I didn't really like the left side because of the court or whatever that was and the floating facility that is on the lake. It takes the attention from them really beauty essence of the image.

The quality of the image is very good and the colours make a lovely contrast between the elements. Keep going but try for the next time to eliminate the "stuff" that isn't helping the image to become even more brilliant and professional. The facilities and the nature part don't mix well in here. The composicion could be worked.

That's it!

But this lovely!

Nice Work!

Please, MORE!

Shauni

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:38 pm
elizajoe says...

I love the colors in this picture because they contrast so well, especially the trees and the facilities.

Contrary to what some people said, I love the contrast between the modern facilities and the natural trees. I also love the background hills and the sky.

Lastly I love the fact that its so clear and crisp. You can really see the detail in the picture.
I am a traveler coming to a crossroads
Searching for a signpost
But realizing there isn't one.

I am baby bird in the nest
Eager to taste the freedom of the skies
But afraid to jump

I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina