z

Young Writers Society

Road to Nowhere

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:27 pm
MeadowLark says...

Here is another picture. I really like this one, but that little bothersome person in it just...ruins it. I wish I could go back and tell him to move. Oh well. Just pretend he is a tree. Tell me what you think.
Attachments
Oct 2008 103.JPG
Oct 2008 103.JPG (136.13 KiB) Viewed 111 times
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:37 pm
Leja says...

I really like how crisp the trees are in the background. Usually, it's lighter in the foreground and more shadowy behind that, but this is a nice inversion ^_^ I don't even think that the guy walking along the side of the road stands out too much (I didn't even notice him at first!). If it really bothers you though, you could probably tweak it a little in photoshop and blend him out entirely.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:19 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

This is gorgeous :D Really, it is quite magnificent. I don't really have much more to say than that. Just that it really is very pretty and deserves the title of beautiful. I know, I'm a great critiquer of photographs, aren't I? *sarcasm* I just wanted to leave a comment telling you how much I love it :D
Keep photographing :)
for what are we without words and stories?

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:28 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

I absolutely loved this! The colors and the shades and forms...
I only have a little nit-picky: the person standing there. It kind of messes it up, because it would be more beautiful if it was only nature (in my opinion). Other than that, great photo! :D
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:11 am
MeadowLark says...

Yea, I know it would be ten times better if that person (who is in fact my little brother) wasn't standing there. Such a pain. Oh well. I still love this picture, brother or not. I'm glad you all like it!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:22 am
Lava says...

Hey! This is a really wonderful picture. I just love the colours. They're good.
And yeah, the person is a little distracting but it's kind of ok, because he sort of blends ing. As in he's not wearing something bright and blue!

Nitpicks:
1.I find your positioning a little disturbing. I think you should have moved to your left a little more so that the "road to nowhere" s sort of more central. (I know I'm not phrasing it right here, but yeah that's kind of what I feel)
2. NOthing else:)

~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato