z

Young Writers Society

Paris in Spring...

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

These are some pictures I took last Spring!
EDIT: Oops, I forgot to finish this. I would love some suggestions or critiques. I'm not a great photographer, but hopefully I will be soon! Thanks!

La Tour Eiffel. View from hotel window.

Again...

Notre Dame from the same window.

Close up of the carving on Notre Dame.

Chapel in the Palace of Versailles.

An Egyptian obelisk in Paris

A Tudor style house in Chartres.

Chartres Cathedral. View from a narrow street.

Chartres Cathedral from the top of a hill.

L'arc de Triomphe.

Notre Dame Cathedral

A statue outside of Museé D'Orsay.

Bird's eye view of Paris.

The top of a column in Paris.

A lovely street in Paris.

Basilique du Sacré Cœur.

Top of a column.

A monument whose name escapes me.

La Tour Eiffel.

La Tour with trees!
Last edited by Winter's Twelfth Night on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:32 pm
asxz says...

I like the horse! :D
I would say that you should be propping your hand against something, because a lot of the pics are wonky.
Also, that will keep the camera steady, and you get a straight picture without fuzziness :D In the picture of the men carved into a building, I would suggest a portrait of one of the men, and then zoom out and get the landscape.
The Eiffel Tower... The pics are a bit wonky, and the camera setting's off. you need to have bright colors, because all you have here is grey, grey, grey!

"A lovely street in Paris. " I would say go in the middle of the road, and then take one with the camera straight at the monument.

"La Tour Eiffel." I like this one (second to last) It shows just how big the tower is, and there is color with the green grass. Good work :D (I think you're a little off centre, Geometrical symmetry makes a photo perfect!)

I must say, I'm quite confused by the last one... what are you trying to accomplish with a bunch of trees tilted more than slightly?

Anyway, you probably didn't get the best day for the photos, I admit that they would have been a lot better if there wasn't a murky grey lingering everywhere.

Keep capturing, and the better you'll get!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:55 pm
Meep(: says...

Argh! So much beauty! ~Brain overloaded.
Lovely pics you've got there!
Please don't tell me you live there. That would be so...woah.
V-v-versailles?!
*starts mumbling about the Treaty Of Versailles for her History project*
Ahh, sorry, got carried away there.
So this is what Versailles looks like.
And I thought Paris would be more... Parisian XD
I guess its because I've mainly seen pictures taken at night,
With the bright lights and *cough* romantic atmosphere.
Good job :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:46 pm
Evi says...

*dies*

OMG, I'd love to go the Paris. This is just so beautiful!

As for the crit, I'm afraid I'm not quite sure how to do photography. I suppose the best way to take better pictures is to really know how to work your camara? *flails* Sorry. I just think the bird's eye view of Paris is phenominal. I love pictures that shows an entire area, and it's even better if it's from above!

Ugh. I'm being unhelpful. But, even if I can't comment on your photography skills or techniques, I can say that you know when to take a picture!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:36 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Whoa! That's beautiful! Do you live in Paris?? Lucky you if you do...I wish I did. I'm not good with photography, so I don't really have anything to critique here. The only thing I noticed was that some of the pictures were a little foggy, like the Basilique du Sacré Cœur...I'm not sure if that's the camera or not..But, if not, I would get a tripod or something to hold the camera steady. Anywayz, is the picture of the street the Champs-Elysees? It's beautiful! Great job on this...I wish I lived in France...Oh, and gold star for you!
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:43 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Oh my lord, so beautiful!!! I'm jealous! I'm just beginning to embark on my journey with photography, so there's not much advice I can give you, other than to focus a bit better. Like fluteluvr77 said, some of the pictures seem a bit foggy and unclear.
I absolutely adore that second to last picture, of the Eiffel Tower. It's lovely.
You get a gold star.
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Thank you all for your comments! Unfortunately, I do not live in Paris. I went for a week a few Springs ago. Someday I will live in France though. And England and Italy and Germany and Austria and Belgium! :D I hope to spend at least a month in all of those countries at some point in my life.

Anyway, I don't think it's the camera that made my pictures all foggy. That was my very unsteady hand. I'm not great at photography but I'm getting better.

Thanks again!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:03 pm
Juniper says...

Who-a! Winter! I am jealous! (June here, by the way!)

Now! Sure, there are ways to improve your photography, and as far as this goes, these are good. It's no use being all nitpicky on them since we know that you can't easily go back and retake the photos and these are mostly for remembering the trip.

But... wow! I'm jealous! You got so close to the Eiffel tower! Did you climb it?

Some places in New York look like these old French buildings. I wonder if the architects who designed them were French ;).

The lawn shot of the Eiffel tower is my favorite. I would do anything to be there right now! France is such a beautiful place, isn't it?

I actually like that horse one. It's sort of cute :D.

I'll come join you when you move there ;).

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:40 pm
VampireBloodrace says...

Wow! Thats some amazing looking architecture! I'm not much of a photography critiquer, but I'm impressed at how well you capture each monument/building. Very, very pretty! :D
Friends are life
Music is life
Love is life
Writing is life
Hate is Death

Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily