z

Young Writers Society

Hellfire - Rayne & Tyranny

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:51 pm
RayneChild says...

Rayne and Tyranny from my story Hellfire. Just so you know, that green stuff behind them is fire. It's hellfire. ^^ It's not too bad for my first attempt at fire in a few years. I didn't think I could do it, but I did! n_n It just looks like grass, that's all... I really like how this picture turned out, aside from the fact that the fire looks like grass......really, really tall grass......other than that, I think it looks really good! I especially like how Rayne and Tyranny's expressions and poses came out. Much better than I imagined, actually! It was a long, painful process, but I did it. *Go me!* I'm proud of myself...:) Hope you like it!
Attachments
Hellfire.jpg
Hellfire.jpg (55.43 KiB) Viewed 138 times
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 am
Incognito says...

Good Job! you should be proud of yourself. I myself cannot draw wolves, but I think I will give it a shot sometime.

A couple things that I have an issue with:
1) They have humungous tails and smaller bodies and heads. You could probably look up some wolf anatomy because even though they are cartooned, most of the cartoon wolves still resemble the real life wolf anatomy.
2) The fire isn't actually as bad as you think it is. The only thing I would have to say is add an inner line within it to add dimention.
3) Try not to make their eyes so big. It does add some expression and it does maintain the cartoon feel, but if you look at some of the cartoon wolfs, their eyes are big but not as big as you have them.
4) Reines one leg seems longer than the other.

A couple things I commend you for is:
1) Great emotions with Tyranny. I also like how Tyranny's tail curls so slightly.
2) The coloring I like. I really enjoy the different shades in the fire.
3) The fire really doesn't look like grass. It is clear that that is fire.
4) Again I love the paws. Excellent job with those.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:13 am
Juniper says...

Hey there, Rayne! June here!

This is so cute! I wish I could draw as well as this! You did a really good job here! I like the pitch-blackness of the sky and the fuzzyness of the grass! The fire is strange... it's well drawn, but it's green! Other than that, the drawing is perfect.

I love the expression on the white ones face. I giggled when I first look at it; it looks like it has a strong attitude, haha.

The brown one looks very fierce and stand off-ish :D. The tails on both are very well drawn!

Good job, Rayne, and keep it up!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:22 pm
RayneChild says...

Thanks so much! Your critiques really help! I guess I could have made Tyranny a little fuzzier. And I agree, the tails are unusually large. I've improved since I drew this picture, so I don't draw all my pictures quite the same way. Thanks all the same, though!

~Rayne
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 pm
Katemabob says...

You are quite good at drawing the bodies of the wolves. On the black one, i like the front paw with the: TJ under it. I think you should make the eyes a little more animal like, because thay are a little too big and look kind of like people eyes. So . . . yeah.
F r o m : K a t e m a b o b
Be crazy, be wild, be silly...
Because life is too short to be cool.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:31 pm
VampireBloodrace says...

Well, as usual, I think your drawings are really good! I like how you drew the Hellfire behind them (even though they aren't in your Hellite story). Rayne's left paw and leg looks a little weird to me though...and I see you put your initials under Tyranny's paw. Is she gunna step on you and crush you like the little bug you are? Lol, jk. All around I do like the drwing a lot though! But I gotta say your depression drawings are the best :D :wink: LOL
Friends are life
Music is life
Love is life
Writing is life
Hate is Death

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author