z

Young Writers Society

Flowers.

Reviews: 3
Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:31 am
imaginationgurl14 says...

A picture I took while on a European Tour. Ahhh, I love nature photography. :D I'd love to hear what you think of it :]
Attachments
flowers.jpg
flowers.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 189 times

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:46 am
tdownes says...

This is a good scene, but it seems somewhat blurred. The flowers are not in focus, nor is the grass.
Unless you meant it to be like this. Which I highly doubt.
What you should do -if your camera has the option -is choose something or other (the option is different on most cameras, and I can't remember what it's called; sorry]; it would focus on the foreground in your picture -in this case, the pretty daises and some of the grass -and wouls leave the background blurred. It adds to the effect. :)
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:12 pm
View Likes
miyaviloves says...

Hmm yes the flowers are blurry, it would have been really effective if the flowers were really sharp and the rgass was not so, but never mind :)

Becuase of the blurriness it isn't a very strong picture. But hey - how did you like England?? Did you take any more photos of this tour - must have been rgeat to travel around!!!!

keep snapping those photos!

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:53 pm
mateeah3 says...

Yeah, since the main object in this picture is the flowers, you want them to be more sharp and centered. Also the white things in the background are districations, but you could photoshop that out no problem if you have it! :D

Good job!
~Mateeah
"Good" writing is married to "bad" writing: something was created, something was tried.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:23 am
Telina says...

Most pictures need some sort of focus point, that's what draws people to them.
This photo has a great quality of color in it which is appealing and there's lots you could do with it but it doesn't have that focal point.
You just need to focus your camera on an object. I don't think that object HAS to be the flowers, I think if you focused on the grass in the front the picture could be equally as appealing if you focused on just one of the flowers.
I’d run outside to show you an example of what I mean but there’s snow on the ground ha-ha.
Just play around with it. Try focusing on different objects. You’ll get a hang of it.
About the white thing in the background, it is distracting but if you had more showing it wouldn't look like a mistake it would look like it belonged and would flow with the rest of the photo, I think.

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind