z

Young Writers Society

My Ring

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:05 am
Livinginfantasy says...

This is just a ring my Mommy gave me for Christmas... I hope this is artsy enough, this is the first time I thought one of my pictures worthy to be posted here... I love how it turned out, though.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:35 am
Princess says...

Hi!

This is a pretty good picture of a ring. But from that odd angle, it makes the ring seem rather dull and boring.

Maybe you should turn on the flash of your camera and direct it into the center of the stone. That way, it will send sparkles and be even prettier than it is now.

You should definitely be closer up to the ring and put it on something a little more stable, but something that would seem natural to put it on.

Hope I helped!

-Prin
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:36 am
Lava says...

Hi,

It's a pretty nice picture but I have to agree with Princess. The angle makes it quite boring and you should try experimenting with it so that the flash glints off the stone or the stone shines with a brilliance. You should focus on the stones in the ring.

Another thing I find, is that the light isn't sufficient. The right bottom corner is darker than the rest of the picture.

I really like the positioning of the ring. It's nice. The righ top corner has some red coloured thing (I don't know what it is) and distracts people.

Hope I helped!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:29 am
LowKey says...

I personally think the angle makes it look like it's being advertised in a jewelry magazine, which isn't bad. It looks like a beautiful ring, I love the simple design. I don't think that the angel dtracts from the beauty of the ring so much as the observer's ability to view it. That is, when I first saw it, my first instinct was to tilt my head. Human nature. Once I got used to it (which only took a moment) it was fine, and the angle of the ring is really good looking. Until then, though... ;)
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:21 am
Lost_in_dreamland says...

personally think the angle makes it look like it's being advertised in a jewelry magazine, which isn't bad
*pouts* Dreamer, you stole the words from my mouth :lol: It really does look like it's from a magazine. At first I thought it was ;) I really like the angle it's interesting and different.
The angle looks quite boring
No, I disagree. Although I'm probably wrong :lol: I think the angle is good. I like the contrast between the background and foreground and the way the background is fuzzy, and the foreground is clear. I like the way you can see the square tiles at an angle in the background too. Overall; this is good. I liked it xD
really pretty ring btw :)
~~~~Lost/Kirsten
for what are we without words and stories?

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:17 am
Juniper says...

Wow! That's a beautiful ring!! I would steal it, but that wouldn't be fair. So, I'll just marvel at it's beauty.

I disagree with what others said about changing the way the photo's taken . I think it's perfect. It's a unique shot; you don't see many pictures of rings like this, so I like it. The composition here is great.

Great job! keep it up!!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:59 pm
Behind Scene Walls says...

I love how it turned it out too.

I love how you positioned it upon the case in that way! Love this pic
Regret is the main thing you hate in a society
because you are always regretting the thing that was regretful.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:37 am
Squall says...

Hi there.

I quite like the ring itself. It's beautiful and quite simple in its design. It would be nice if you were to experiment with other angles to achieve the best possible effect. You might also want to consider the lightning too. It's a bit hard to see the ring.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:41 am
clueless says...

I'd say the way you put the ring on the over turned case really directs to the center of the ring because the case turns into a sorta arrow to direct your eye. nice touch.
"It is a dull mind that can think of only one way to spell a word."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:28 am
frenchyrude says...

I have to agree with princess, you could use the flash to make the stone shine.

But i do really like the angle of the picture itself. i love to play with angle too.

I love the ring and the fact that you took a picture of it.

I think the picture in it self lack of contrast. the background is grayish, the ring is silver, and the ring is blue.

All the color are cool color. You need some warm color to balance it out. So the ring will pop out more.

but if not great job ;)

continue the good work

elysa
"What i hear, i forget. What i see, i remember. What i do , I learn." Chinese Proverb

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:02 am
Telina says...

At first I wanted to crop out the red in the background but when I placed my hand over it I realized that the photo was dull.
I'd like to see some more contrast.
I agree with frenchyrude!
frenchyrude wrote:You need some warm color to balance it out. So the ring will pop out more.

But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane