z

Young Writers Society

Pictures 5

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:16 am
Juniper says...

More pictures!

After doing system recovery and trying to find my old files, I stumbled upon some pictures from last summer :D. (I'll limit the amount of cats this time xD)

Mushroom (The saturation hasn't been edited, it was just that green outside after the rain)

Mayy

Train Tracks

Passing Car

Mayy

Cedar trees

Main Street in a nearby town

Tigerlily (I think she was about 2 months?)

^_^ Enjoy!
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Reviews: 4
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:52 am
Lunatical says...

Ooh, those are very cool looking.
The first picture is really interesting, I like that it's focused on the background and not the mushroom.
My favorite is the first cat one. It kinda reminds me of those lizards that lick their eyeballs for some reason. XD
The one with the car is really cool too, and you have adorable cats!

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:02 pm
Lava says...

HI Springrain!!

So more picyures! They're nice.
So nitpicking them:
I like the mushroom thing. Good effort.

The train tracks are sort of boring, not interesting. Would've been better if you actually stood on the tracks and took a picture such that the electric pole thingies fade away to infinity. That would be interesting.

Passing Car: I love the way the person's eyes are drawn toward the car. It's really nice for such a simple scene.Love it.

Main street: I=love it! nice! i love the sky against the buildings.

Another cat! It's cute!

Waiting for more pics
~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:27 am
Ina_in_boots says...

I have to say my favorite picture is of the passing car.
Everything in the photo seems a bit blurred or brushed out; however, the car is in focus.
Cute cat by the way :)

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:25 pm
foxfire says...

i like it...especially the cats in your pictures...is it your cat?

in the first part, you made a certain object be the pint of interest but in the later parts, you zoom out but still manage to make tehr eader locate the poin of interest...

nice work

PS

i like the cat.
put more cat pictures

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:29 am
Juniper says...

Yup, foxfire, they're both my cats :). The grey-and-white one is called "Mayy" and the little calico kitten is her kitten. We call her "tigerlily" or "Lily" for short.

I'll certainly post more cat pictures! I try not to bother your eyes with them too much :)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:52 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

June :D

More photography. xD

Your ground shots are amazing. xD I love them. The mushroom is awesome, you have mushrooms growing on the ground? lol, I probably just sounded like a demented freak, but we don't have them here :( <sounds weird :D

Aw :D I love the emphathis on the cat, and the way the background kind of flows outwards with her fur, if ya get me :lol: Lovely picture. :)

Good picture. Not my favourite one ever 'cuz I'm not particularly interested in trains, lol.

Oh my gosh! This is so like a car advert! I'd imagine this to be on the tv, as an advert to sell a car :lol: the fuzziness of the background in contrast to the car is fantastic ;)

Aw, May is so cute! Your neighbour didn't steal her did she ? :evil: 'cuz if he did my pitchfork shall be coming out :evil: *evil grins* the only thing about this one is the trees' shadow is kinda distracting.

Poetic ;) I love the way all the branches branch out <for lack of a different word that describes what I'm trying to say, lol> into more branches. Confusing much? It's like all the branches signify opportunity or dreams, they lead out into more and more. Inspiring. ;)

You have no idea how much I envy those blue skies! I have never seen skies that blue in my entire life! At least, not in the UK, on holiday, but not here :( I love the blue-ness. *Is like a three year old?*

Beautiful ;) Is it just me or is her far away ear rather large :lol:

#overall

I love your pictures :) They are amazing. You must tell me when you post more. xD

~Kirsten

xxx
for what are we without words and stories?

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:25 am
HopelesslyandIrrevocably says...

Picture # 1: I looooove the ground! Very gorgeous! It blows me away!

Picture # 2: What a CUTE kitty! I love it! So sweet! I am jealous! My cat attacks if I try and take pictures! :( lol

Picture # 3: This is really pretty! I LOVE it! I think it looks like it's from the fiftys! you must live in a pretty awesome town!

Picture # 4 : THIS IS MY FAVORITE! How did you get the glow to be like that? I mean not how did YOU but i mean how was it like that? What time of day did you take it? I think it's completely beautiful, I think that this is more than amazing. :D :D :D

Picture # 5 : Ok. That kitty is officially my best friend. I LOOOOOVE her. :D

Picture # 6 : I have trees like this around where I live! They are gorgeous aren't they?

Picture # 7 : Very cool! Where do you live? This is really awesome!

Picture # 8 : I WISH I HaD YOUR CATS! THEY ARE BOTH SO CUTE! I think I'm in love! lol.

You are an awesome photographer! :D
Can't wait to see more!
Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
never shall we die."
- Pirates of the Caribbean 3, At Worlds End

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:44 am
psouth says...

Hey girl whats up? Are you sure that you are not a photographer??? Because your pictures are great

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

Picture 1- The focus is off. It's right behind the mushroom, on the mulch. I would have focused on the tree; it's got some great texture.

Picture 2- I love the way she's licking her chops, and the way her paws go a little out of focus. And, that it's a cat.

Picture 3- You really could have zoomed in on the train tracks. Right now it's too busy to really get anything from it.

Picture 4- Interesting. Did you take this through glass? I find all this very surreal with the slight fuzz, while the car is in perfect focus.

Picture 5- A little fuzzy, but pretty good. What's there to make her so interested?

Picture 6- Interesting light and shadow play here. You probably could have looked up a little more, but other then that nice work!

Picture 7- I find the buildings a little too shaded here. I think it's because of the sky; it's throwing the balance off. Had the picture been of the white building alone I wouldn't have minded because the details really come out in the dark, but the rest of the buildings don't look that great in the dark.

Picture 8- Even though it's a cat, I'm not that fond of this picture. The leaf in front of her nose takes away from the cuteness of her face.

Overall- Not the best I've seen from you, but they were okay.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"