z

Young Writers Society

A girl's pride

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:42 am
foxfire says...

Hi...this the drawing that i made... actually i made her before i made the sleeping princess...

so what do you think? i think i amde her hips a bit smaller though

Oh her name by the way is Acedia.
Attachments
acedia.jpg
acedia.jpg (115.97 KiB) Viewed 317 times

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:06 am
Juniper says...

Hey there foxfire! June here!

Yay! It's small enough to view xD.

She's skinny, haha. But she is pretty and well drawn! Her left arm is not as defined as her right, and her chin/jawbone looks weird... like it goes in when it should be coming out.

I like her hair! But, I think the overall drawing would be snazzier if you added some shading, maybe?

You did a good job!

Keep it up =D

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:51 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hey, foxfire!

I really like this drawing a lot. There are a few things I noticed...

-her face is so...round. It makes the chin look kind of strange.

-the pants are up too high for my taste. It makes her midriff look small, giving her a chubby look while the rest of her is thin.

-The arm is really well done. lol. I always notice the arms...

-her hair is really cute

Good work,
Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:33 am
Searria H. says...

She's kind of cute. :D

I think the problem with her chin is that it can't have that little dip in the line. Try taking a picture of yourself or someone in your family in that pose and draw the chin from that.

Her right arm sort of disappears. I'm guessing you don't like drawing hands because you hid one behing her back and put the other in her pocket. :wink:

I would play a little more with shading on this. Try to use "solid shading," as I call it. It will add more depth and visual interest.

I love her expression and pose. Keep drawing!

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:10 am
foxfire says...

Thanks for the reply...

there is aproblem with the chin...i had a hard time drawing the chin because it was my first time drawing a person in low profile (or is it high profile) and i had to know how the body looks in that profile

thanks for the comment though...

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:31 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

The chin isn't quite right in this drawing. You need to make it less angular for a female especially. Her right arm does look like it's cut off going into her pockets. Really there should be the beginning of the hands there. I don't like drawing the hands either. :)

The eyebrows don't seem to match her smiling wide expression. Her eyebrows read sarcastic or confused while her mouth makes the observer think happy. You may want to change the expression to match. Some darker shading would add to the picture also.

The symbol on her arm makes me curious. What is it? Also in her clothing, it seems very stiff and I would suggest that you put some wrinkles if you know what I mean. I'm sure that you don't want the girl to look like she puts too much starch on her clothing. :)You want to give the character a 3D feel and you're leaving me with a major 2D impression. Again shading helps.

Good luck. Remember, practice makes perfect.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:16 pm
vox nihili says...

Cool anime picture! My friend loves drawing these kinds of people. I like the shading, but she really needs a background. A bit more definition and smoothing out her mouth would work wonders. Yes, her hips are kind of out of porportion to her body. Also, her chin looks kind of funny.
Cheers!
--Voxina

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:56 am
Archstormangel says...

Her hips are too small compared to her shoulders and bust. If her shoulders are that wide, then yes, her bust is that big. But if her shoulders are that wide, then her hips also need to be wider. Big hips and breasts go hand in hand. :C Reduce her shoulders and bust, or increase everything from the waist down. :C

Also, her chin needs to come up higher. Her face has got some weird proportions there. I might redline it later, but don't count on it.

-edit - and her left arm is too long. :C
I'm
an Atheist, a young teen girl, someone who loves Harry Potter and hates Twilight, someone who doesn't see deepness in everything, a person who has never suffered from any diseases of any sort.
I'm average, but...

I'm still a writer.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:41 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hey Foxfire,

This drawing is actually really good, i must say. I really like your shading ability and the emotion on her face.

somethings you could fix up are the positioning of the collarbone, and were the chin ends. kind of confusing a bit. The bellybotton could be positioned a little better and the arms are a little floppy, but other then that, fantastic job.

Really well done!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson