z

Young Writers Society

Another Gimp Creation

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:41 am
Tabithalillian says...

I was toying around with layers and feathered selecting tools. I really need to get my self photoshop. . .
Living in a tower

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:26 am
Lava says...

That's a brilliant thing!
Personally, I feel this one would have tested your creativity than your previous one but that ended up looking better. This is really good and I'm really tempted to try out Gimp sometime soon.
The flaws:
1. The straight multi-coloured lines aren't sharp and it doesn't put forward as something pleasant to look at. The edges can be blurry and fade off, that's sine but if it's like this, people will think you were in a hurry to do it.
2.The shape of the colored band should either be completely symmetric or completely random. You should practice a lot with the mouse to get symmetry so I would suggest you try random outlining.
3.You could try a more neutarl black/grey background to make the colours seem to 'pop' out.

Thumbs-up for:
1. Your choice Of colours. They're excellent. I love the way the straight lines merge onto the next colour.
2. The idea. I love it. It's like there is something bright everywhere if you look for it ;)

Anyway, Good Luck With your art!

-Lava
Last edited by Lava on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:32 am
Alteran says...

I like the fact you aren't afraid to experiment. The colors are fabulous. It has a very Aurora like effect to it.

My only concern is the background, only because from a design stand point ti is very powerful and combined with the warm colors on the left it is a very warm piece. I might suggest more neutral colors like gray, black and white for the background. I thin it would really make the color scheme pop and add more dimension.

That is just my opinion though. I like it either way.

GIMP is so fun. :)
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:54 am
Behind Scene Walls says...

Whoa really cool!!!!
Regret is the main thing you hate in a society
because you are always regretting the thing that was regretful.

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly