z

Young Writers Society

Skeleton Series

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:48 pm
Raimunda says...

I think I must have done these over a year ago now, just before my thirteenth birthday, so they aren't at all reliable, and you're better off with Deviantart Tutorials, but this was when I was learning how the body works, something that is necessary if you want to draw it. I need to actually start applying this knowledge, because I've forgotten it all. But I'm uploading these mainly for Tabithalillian because I said I'd help as best as I could.

When you look at the skull, there line of skin on the top of the head is too thick. IGNORE THIS. On the full frontal one, the ribs are too wide and theres a load of mistakes. But it's basically okay.

I advise you draw your own. Rent a book from the library. They only looked at me a little weirdly (Warning; alot of anatomy books are full of willies. Steer clear of these ones!).
Attachments
Side_View_Of_A_Skeleton_by_Raimunda.jpg
Side View
Side_View_Of_A_Skeleton_by_Raimunda.jpg (11.1 KiB) Viewed 187 times
I just hit my computer
Because it was being slow
I need my daily Smallville fix
And it will not load the video.

83 Reviews

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:49 pm
Raimunda says...

Skull.
Attachments
Skully_by_Raimunda.jpg
Skull
Skully_by_Raimunda.jpg (39.79 KiB) Viewed 186 times
I just hit my computer

83 Reviews

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:50 pm
Raimunda says...

Front View, the trunk. This is....dodgy. To say the least. Hey. I was twelve. :shock:
Attachments
Front_View_of_a_Skeleton_by_Raimunda.jpg
Trunk
Front_View_of_a_Skeleton_by_Raimunda.jpg (79.27 KiB) Viewed 183 times
I just hit my computer

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:20 am
Chupatoasta says...

Wow, this is amazing.
I wish I had this kind of talent.
(Of course I don't. I was born without artistic talent.)
There isn't anything wrong with them other than the things you pointed out on your own.
Other than those this is great!

Greatly done~
Chupatoasta

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:55 pm
Someguy says...

Okay these are good.

The first one isn't good. I can see that it was like a practice sketch And not a bad one either. I think you can go on with it. It will look good. For now 5/10 because anything can happen with it when you complete it.

The second one is very good. You really brought nice detail into the skull and that is good. The shading isn't bad either. Why you added the pen in the to make the outline of the skin is beyond me. It really let's it fall apart and that is why I'll give it a 6/10 because of the pen.

The third picture is also good. The spine above the rib though looks a bit weird... Also that the skeleton is smiling...strong cheek bones I guess. He/she must've had a good smile. The front ribs are good and in good condition. The ribs at the back needs a little work on it. The spine below the rib cage is very nice. I don't know what it is in English since everything in my life is just in Afrikaans, but the under part is okay.
I give it a 6/10.

I know you might not work on it again and that you drew it like last year or the year before that, but it is good.

:wink:
Look at my big shiny shell...

83 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:45 pm
Raimunda says...

thats a really interesting view, because I think the first one is probably the most accurate and the others are weaker.

Its interesting to see what other people think about them. Maybe I should revise this//? thanks xx
I just hit my computer

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway