z

Young Writers Society

I'll fly away (suicide note)

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:05 am
dogs says...

Hello everyone, dogs here with my latest work. I thought I would write the most depressing possible thing ever just cause I felt like it and there has lately been a lot of suicide videos and presentations at school to warn us about bullying (not that it really goes on in my school). So just clarifying that this is not about me and I am not suicidal.

Dear no one,

I am a casualty of Humanity.
A victim of the truth,
the product of a "perfect society."

What do you want? What do you really want? I'll tell you what I want. I want my silence. I have myself more then I can bare. I hate who I am, I hate what I am. I've tried so hard to change, but it never works. I'm still the same, it's not natural what I am. This demon inside of me, decaying my purity, devouring my sanity, destroying my soul. How can I die if I'm already dead? The only purity left of me is within her, but the devil makes me love him more than her. Why? Why me?

I wish I could disappear with the wind, I just want to vanish with no one knowing. I wish it was that easy. How many times can I break before I shatter? I'm living my own nightmare everyday, but I can't wake up. I can forgive anyone but myself, this is the end. Do what I couldn't and forgive me, please. Remember me for who I am, not what I am. Not for the devil inside but the god I search for.

I'm sorry Mom and Dad, but we both know this is for the best. This isn't what God wanted me too be. Maybe next time I'll be free. I'll be an Angel, I'll fly away.

What do you want? Well this is what I want, this... is my salvation.

Sincerely,
Someone

Spoiler! :
So just a basic recap here, this is not about me but I am taking a risk here trying to write from the point of view of a christian gay teen who doesn't accept himself and therefore he is ending his life. My goal here as a writer is to hopefully devastate the reader and (If I do really well) possible make him or her cry. I'm actually planning on making this into a monologue and using it for my coffee house (basically a random talent show thing) act. Well whatever, please tell me how I did, I am open to all criticisms!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

I like to create sympathy for my characters, then set the monsters loose.
— Stephen King