z

Young Writers Society

My Thoughts

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:15 pm
View Likes
CharityDawn says...

Unspoken words are the poison that stills my blood and decays my bones. Like detached spider legs: still twitching after their painful demise.

These unspoken words stayed at the tip of my tongue, where they patiently waited. Anticipating the moment they could crawl to my fingertips to be released in an explosion of ink.

But these unspoken words were neglected for tight hugs and busy days. They’ve been left to shrivel up and die in a world without air.

Only now do I grasp my pen tightly, gently releasing a thought at a time. I’m risking everything right here.

But how else will I learn to fly?

Spoiler! :
I'm not exactly sure what this is... ramblings... possibly the source of my writer's block. The reason I've been so lost.
*we wear our scarves just like a noose,
but not 'cause we want eternal sleep.*

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 am
View Likes
AubrielRose says...

We don't choose to be writers. Personally, I see it as a punishment, that we spend our lives plagued by these thoughts.
So what I'm trying to say is I get what you mean entirely.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:24 pm
View Likes
TinyDancer says...

This was goreous, my friend :) You have a gift. And if this is what happens WITH writer's block, I really want to know how you write without it haha! The allusion to spider legs gave me chills because, oh my goodness, it's so true. I have nothing bad to say at all. You are so talented. Great style and phrasing and flow. It was perfect and relatable. Good job!

~Jess
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

“The circus arrives without warning.
No announcements precede it.
It is simply there,
When yesterday it was not.”

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard