z

Young Writers Society

What's your thoughts on life.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:43 am
AtticusGallows says...

The eternal question: what is the meaning of life?

How many of us think we have somewhat of a grasp on this topic?
I used to think that the meaning of life was to follow the word of God. To do all you can to be true to the Bible.
It’s hard for me to admit, but I don’t find faith as easy as I used to. I want to believe. I’ve just had some experiences throughout my eighteen years that have left me less of a believer.

Yet recently in the start of my freshmen year of college; I’ve meet a few new people who are all very faithful individuals. It’s one thing to see your parents and grandparents lead you in faith; but it’s completely different to see the same faith present in your peers.

There is no denying the fact to me that religion can be the pure essence of beauty.

I’ve become a live for the moment kind of person. I don’t like the way that looks written down. It seems shallow. To quote Chuck Palahniuk, “A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.” After I read this I felt more of a deeper personal connection with the quote than any I’d read before.

I quickly realize growing up that nothing last forever.
I watched the foundation of my parents love crumble followed by the roof over our heads.
We are mortal, and at some point we will die.

Life starts having a razor sharp grimace to it with this mentality. As a teen going through angst and adolescence this only amplified my situation.
Yet despite all of these factors I still managed to find my idea of grace. There are these little moments that happen to me that I consider “perfect”. These moments are small. They don’t last longer than a few seconds. Yet they are the realization that life also carries the capacity of tangible, visible beauty here on Earth.
Spoiler! :
I still have no idea what the meaning of life is. I guess that's part of living. But I am very interested in everyone's opinions on the matter. Let me know in the comment/review thing,
We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, it's to create something that will.
[Chuck Palahniuk]

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:24 pm
TheRobster1991 says...

I think (as a Christian) that I understand what you are saying. There are a lot of voices out there. All telling us different things. All drowning out what appears to be the voice we are trying to find.

If you really want to find the meaning of life. Keep looking! You'll find it, just don't give up

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman