z

Young Writers Society

Pursuing Something Temporary (Warning; Rant)

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:53 pm
hopeispeace says...

I do not lie when I say that I am willing to compromise my own happiness to donate it to those who pursue it through me. Perhaps this will cause my own self-esteem to raise, or maybe just that of another. I do not claim this simply for the respect it will likely earn me, no, I say these things in truth.

Why should I exist without purpose when i know my purpose is to grant others, loan them, my self-worth for their own gain in this area? We live for the pursuit of said happiness, but why should we when we are informed how unreachable, impossible even, of a goal happiness truly is? Why waste time pursuing what we will inevitably find a reason to reject?

Happiness will not be given to us until we have completed this life, this race. Therefore, I see no real harm in letting others feed off my personal temporary happiness, to add to theirs as long as it is allotted.

Understand that i wish not to ruin myself, but to instead pretend that I have been successful in doing right, to aid as well to my own self-worth. However, I am fully aware that these presents will not in fact fully fulfill me, but instead will have to suffice for this life.

Why must I have goals, anyway? It's not as though, if one doesn't, they are automatically ruined. Though it seems that this is believed. But I know my life, my structure, my status, my life in statistics as it currently is, and how likely will remain or change. So why must I pursue what is unreachable?What furthermore, i don't even want?

Happiness in its true, infinite form, is not to be reached until after death. So why must I spend time searching it out? When reached it will invariably not last on this Earth, while i remain in my finite form.

It's pain, pain to think that my life is a waste of a hopeless pursuit of a temporary substance.

Why would I be put here to pursue what will be handed to me in the end?
~HopeisPeace

Act in the valley so that you need not fear those who stand on the hill.
— Danish proverb