z

Young Writers Society

Wonferful Tonight

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:08 am
TinyDancer says...

Notes spilled softly from your guitar as we sat by the fireplace. The occasional pop of slowly burning wood added to the romantic essence of the music. I recognized the song you were playing and wished you'd sing too. You don't think it's true, but you really do have a good voice. However, you chose to hide anyway, like a timid child; and I found this endearing. I was sitting on the floor by your feet and as you looked down at me, I smiled. You looked perfectly angelic, love. The glow from the fireplace illuminated your face and gleamed off the old acoustic's varnished wood. We lingered in moments delicately suspended within the notes that fluttered from your guitar. I felt so lucky to have that. As I laid my head on your knee and snaked my arms around your leg, your sweet music poured over me like rain in the desert. I'd known the song ever since I could remember, but you breathed new life into it. You recomposed it, as you always do with the songs you play. I looked up at your fingers, marvelling at how perfectly they bent every string, how artistically they pulled the melody out of the intstrument. When you finished playing, I sighed and closed my eyes. "You okay?" you asked me, breaking the perfect silence that had enveloped us. I stared back up at you and nodded, high on the mixture of warmth from the fire and emotion from the music. "Yeah." I said, offering a weak smile. "I'm...Wonderful."

Spoiler! :
Embellished, but true. I know it's short, but this was just a memory that came back to me in that lovely expanse between sleeping and waking, and it was so vividly beautiful that I just had to write it down before I forgot. I know it's not grammatically perfect, but it is what it is. Tear it up, friends.

~Jess
Last edited by TinyDancer on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

“The circus arrives without warning.
No announcements precede it.
It is simply there,
When yesterday it was not.”

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:16 am
View Likes
Flyingchaos says...

Notes spilled softly from your guitar as we sat by the fireplace. The occasional pop of slowly burning wood added to the romance of the music. I recognized the song you were playing and wished you'd sing too. You don't think it's true, but you really do have a good voice. However, you chose to hide anyway, like a timid child; and I found this endearing. I was sitting on the floor by your feet and as you looked down at me, I smiled. You looked perfectly angelic, love. The glow from the fireplace illuminated your face and gleamed off the old acoustic's varnished wood. We lingered in moments delicately suspended within the notes that fluttered from your guitar. I felt so lucky to have that. As I laid my head on your knee and snaked my arms around your leg, your sweet music poured over me like rain in the desert. I'd known the song ever since I could remember, but you breathed new life into it. You recomposed it, as you always do with the songs you play. I looked up at your fingers, marvelling at how perfectly they bent every string, how artistically they pulled the melody out of the intstrument. When you finished playing, I sighed and closed my eyes. "You okay?" you asked me, breaking the perfect silence that had enveloped us. I stared back up at you and nodded, high on the mixture of warmth from the fire and emotion from the music. "Yeah." I said, offering a weak smile. "I'm...Wonderful."

woah, this may have been short but it was hell of a good story :)! It was damn romantic and could actually imagine that good job!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm
View Likes
HHemayed says...

Notes spilled softly from your guitar as we sat by the fireplace. The occasional pop of slowly burning wood added to the romance of the music. I recognized the song you were playing and wished you'd sing too. You don't think it's true, but you really do have a good voice. However, you chose to hide anyway, like a timid child; and I found this endearing. I was sitting on the floor by your feet and as you looked down at me, I smiled. You looked perfectly angelic, love. The glow from the fireplace illuminated your face and gleamed off the old acoustic's varnished wood. We lingered in moments delicately suspended within the notes that fluttered from your guitar. I felt so lucky to have that. As I laid my head on your knee and snaked my arms around your leg, your sweet music poured over me like rain in the desert. I'd known the song ever since I could remember, but you breathed new life into it. You recomposed it, as you always do with the songs you play. I looked up at your fingers, marvelling at how perfectly they bent every string, how artistically they pulled the melody out of the intstrument. When you finished playing, I sighed and closed my eyes. "You okay?" you asked me, breaking the perfect silence that had enveloped us. I stared back up at you and nodded, high on the mixture of warmth from the fire and emotion from the music. "Yeah." I said, offering a weak smile. "I'm...Wonderful."

This is the best thing I've ever read. Wow!! It feels like I was there! :D Good job. :)
Last edited by HHemayed on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be alive is not to breathe, eat or drink. It's your ability to prove your existence.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:35 pm
SwallowedByInsanity says...

HHemayed wrote:The occasional pop of slowly burning wood added to the romance of the music.

"Romantic vibe" or "Romantic essence" might add a little to that section (:
Other than that, I also have nothing else to say in regards to critiquing this piece. As I've told you in the past, I absolutely love your work, and can't stop reading it! This is why, in my boredom as I sit in my bed fallen ill, I've decided to come and look your pieces to review them hahaha. Keep writing! (:
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

the world (me) cries out for salvation (snacks)
— creaturefeature