z

Young Writers Society

Cholerparagon - Profile

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:50 am
shiney1 says...

Spoiler! :
I put it in the Other Category since all written profile and drawing is up to look at. If you would like to comment on the dragon or profile, I would love the feedback, and please "like" if you like.

Name: Cholerparagon (outstanding anger)
Class: Tank
Diet: Omnivore
Domestication Status: Forbidden by law

Cholerparagon is one of the easily-recognizable dragons. Its trademarks are its bone frill and giant club tail, accompanied by a set of hinged pincers. Cholerparagon can use its tail with astonishing accuracy, and, when it finds some, can easily take down prey. It's scales are one of the most beautiful in the land, and, if found, can be sold for a fortune. Hunting this dragon for it's scales is forbidden by law.

Habitat
Cholerparagons tend to live in valleys abundant in vegetation and other animals for prey, away from humans. It feeds on both plants and animals, with the occasional fruit.
They prefer moderately warm to humid temperatures, and cannot stand the cold.

Behavior
As far as dragons go, Cholerparagon's vision is poor, and it relies mostly on its keen senses of smell and hearing. They are also not the best flyers in the dragon world, and prefer land travel to air travel. This heavy-set dragon is very territorial and hot-tempered, and will attack any other dragons besides family that it finds in its territory.

Social
Cholerparagons travel in small groups, usually consisting of an alpha male, one-to-two females and their young, usually numbering in one per female. They are very protective parents, and females can be very aggressive when defending their young.

Taming
It is forbidden by law to try and tame Cholerparagons, due to their highly-aggressive behavior. In all, seven attempts to tame them have been made, and six of them resulted in death. This is not only due to the fact that Cholerparagons have deadly weapons at their disposal, but teamwork as well. If one tried to tame one Cholerparagon, another from the herd will kill the tamer from behind.

Extremely Dangerous

This drawing took me about 2 1/2 weeks, the scales taking up most of that time.

Tool:
Mechanical Pencil with cheap lead :/

Dragon species and design by shiney1

PLEASE DO NOT USE
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:59 am
View Likes
Audrey718 says...

That was an awesome dragon! I have a story called the Baby Dragon. If you like stories, you might want to read it!
Audrey
Noble Strength

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:03 am
View Likes
Starlight9 says...

That's incredible! Shiney, you never surprise me because whenever I see your dragon drawings, they always amaze me for how creative they look and those super accurate designs even add more beauty to it. Love how you added descriptions to the drawing to make it seem like a real one.
As for the drawing itself, I can barely see any flaws, love those detailed designs in his body. I like the tail mostly, it is really fantastic. (wondering if those are spike-y edges at the end of its tail).
My only nitpick would be on the eye, for it seems to be too be small to be recognized unless you look very closely at the drawing.
Overall, I really enjoyed reviewing your piece of art. You're a great artist, no compliments here.
★L9

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:18 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

This is definitely my favorite drawing I've seen from you :) I can tell you put a TON of work into this and I think you've really improved a lot! I agree with Starlight with this being pretty much flawless. My favorite part had to be the scales, especially around the legs and shoulder because it shows off this creature's muscles. They are very smooth and shaped so it feels like I can reach out and pet this dragon and feel its awesomeness x) It looks like you put thought into each and every scale.

The design of this dragon is really cool. I love the shape of the claws and the club. I don't know what that thing is made of, but I have no doubt it could kill me xP I also like the crown-like shape of its head. It makes the dragon look really powerful and like it could give a mean headbutt x)

Really, the only critique I have is to add detail to the wings, because they look a little too white. Try adding a bit of gray shading and I think you'll be good :)

Amazing pic, great job :D
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:25 am
Twinkle4ever says...

Another dragon! I love it! It's so perfect. I wonder how long it might have taken you to make all the scales. What I love most about it are the wings. And the tail looks so dangerous. I think it would look better if you gave a background here. But that's just my opinion. It's amazing as it is. :)
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

Random avatar

Reviews: 313
Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:08 pm
TylynRae says...

THis is really impressive! It's awesome that you've done so well with this, it truly deserves it. Your shading technique is amazing, as well as your proportions and profile. I really enjoy this =]
TylynTyrannosaurus<3 (tydecker777)

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:01 pm
TheRobster1991 says...

I really like this. I like this a lot. One of the things that I like the most about this drawing is the incredible amount of detail in it. Particularly the scales. The only thing I would say would be the Face needs to be more defined. It kind of looks like it has a beak rather than a mouth, the eyes are very small but as you said yourself:
Cholerparagon's vision is poor, and it relies mostly on its keen senses of smell and hearing

So that makes sense. Thinking about it, that is similar to the King/Queen of the dragons in the movie 'How to Train Your Dragon'.

The personal profile is also very good, providing into the personal aspects of the Cholerparagon. Including the Habitat, Social and Taming prospects. Very ingenious, a great background into the drawn creature. I also like the fact that you have included the law in it's profile regarding the unlawful trading of it's scales.

Very Well Drawn!

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:59 pm
MasterGrieves says...

Best. Dragon. Ever.
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:07 pm
murtuza says...

Looks like a character straight out from Eragon. The detail is impeccable and entire drawing itself is beautiful to look at. The added profile is great. These guys shouldn't be messed with!

You're creativity inspires me. Keep it up!
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:00 am
SerenityCross says...

CRAP!!! you make me look like a preschooler! I LOVE YOUR PIC!
Trust is like a mirror, able to be fixed if broken, but you can still see the cracks.

Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes but to save themselves, to survive as individuals.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:42 am
UrbanNomad says...

Wow I love your style of drawing!

Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)