z

Young Writers Society

Getting a bit Too Physical

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:31 pm
FruityBickel says...

My breath became even more shallow as I played absently with the shackles around my wrist, the ones that were way too tight and chained me to the bed. I curled up against the head-post, glancing up as my door slowly creaked open. Uncle came in, laying a tray of McDonald's food on my bed before unlocking the shackles without looking me in the eye. I watched him leave, then hesitantly began to eat. I didn't even finish half of it before pushing the tray away and going to vomit in my bathroom sink,most of it missing epically and getting green and gold liquidly but chunky vomit all over my shirt. Disgusted, I started the shower, stripped myself and stepped under the steaming hot water.
Grabbing the knife I kept on my soap tray, I put it to my arm and began to slice my wrist, slowly, drawing blood that gushed from the wound. I did the same to my neck, dragging the jagged edge of the blade across my throat and leaving a deep gash. As more blood began to pour, I stumbled, suddenly light headed, right into the shower wall. I grabbed a nearby rag, putting it on my throat and applying as much pressure as I could to try and stop the bleeding, but only to remain unsuccessful as more blood seeped through the washcloth. Feeling close to fainting, I stumbled again, slipping and falling into the crimson-tinted water of the red-stained porcelain tub. Meeting the water, the flow of blood immediately stopped, and for once I was thankful for my ability to control liquid. I laid there for a moment, breathing heavily, before getting up and turning off the shower head. Wrapping a towel around me, I stepped into my thankfully empty room and began to dress myself, slipping on a pair of boxers, sweatpants and an old tee. Climbing into bed, I realized just how late it was as my eyelids slowly began to droop.
About an hour later I laid there, my eyes growing wide as my door once again swung open and someone slowly crawled onto my bed behind me. Rios.
I shut my eyes tight, willing him to go away. He didn't. Instead, he ignored my protests and stripped me of my pants against my will, staying behind me the whole time as he undid his own pants.
A few moments later, I screamed.

He didn't stop until I was officially late for school. After he left, I laid there nude, trying to get my bearings together. Eventually, shaking, I sat up and stood, beginning to dress myself and trying not to cry. He had been rough, too rough, beating me the entire time. I stood in front of the mirror and examined myself, taking interest in the huge bruise on my cheek and my black swollen eye. Still shaking slightly, I grabbed my messenger bag, slung it over my shoulder and made my way outside, ignoring my uncle the entire time.
I could feel everybody's eyes on me as I walked into the school building. I didn't mean any of their gazes, pulling my pants up excessively out of habit as I walked down the hall to my locker.
I tensed as Payne approached me, his gaze flickering over me and lingering on my eye.
"Looks like dear uncle gave you a 'talk'." he said.
I stared at my feet. "I don't get what you mean."
"Don't lie to me,Star." Payne shuffled closer to examine my eye, then stepped back a bit to get a closer look at the rest of me. I tensed again as he looked at my throat, running a hand over the still fresh gash. His face became stony with anger.
"Arm," he said. I reluctantly extended it.

Payne

I yanked the sleeve of Star's shirt down to reveal the slices in his skin, crowded by older scars. Anger swelled inside me. "You said you wouldn't cut anymore, Star!" I growled. "I told you you couldn't cut anymore. Why would you do it anyway?"
Star stared at his feet. "I dunno," he muttered.
My voice rose. "Yes, you do know! I told you, you weren't aloud to cut anymore. You weren't aloud to slice your throat. What, have you been smoking, too? Getting high as well? Drinking again, even though I banned you from liquor?"
Star didn't look me in the eye. "I dunno," he repeated.
I shoved him angrily. "Yes. You. Do. Why, Star? Why would you do it? Who's making you?"
He didn't answer me. I reached up and smacked him upside his head, sending his bone thin figure into his locker door. He yelped, grabbing his head where I had smacked him, and I saw what appeared to be handcuff marks on his wrists, somehow distinct among the cuts.
I angrily hit him again, bringing him onto his knees in front of me. I yanked him to his feet. "Why?" I shouted at him. "Why would you disobey like this? I banned you for your own good, Star! You're going to die of blood loss if you keep this up! Don't you realize that? And if you don't stand up for yourself soon, Rios just might beat you to death!"
"Unless I beat him to it." Star muttered. I slapped him again, shoving him roughly in his chest. "I'm tired of having to babysit you all the time, Star. Just to make sure you don't kill yourself while I'm not looking. It pisses me off that you keep shit from me, shit that makes you contemplate suicide. Now, I'm going to ask again. What is making you cut again?"
"My uncle, okay?" Star suddenly spat at me. "You try getting raped, then see if you need a beer! See if after the fifth time, see if you need to cut. See how your friend treats you when you just want to forget it even happened. You try sitting here, getting beat by someone you thought would treat you differently then your uncle does. You try going through everything I have, and then we'll talk!" he shoved me back away from him, banging his locker door shut and walking off.
"Star!" I called after him. "Star! I'm sorry. I-"
But Star threw his hood up, and disappeared through the doors. Gone.
Last edited by FruityBickel on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:54 pm
brittistenten says...

This story is sad but what makes it really sad is that it happens to girls around the country everyday. I think you sould continue the story, I would really like to read more. What do her parents do about the Uncle? Did they die so she has to live with him? In all keep up the good work!

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:45 pm
View Likes
shiney1 says...

I agree with the above post that it is a bit too fast-paced and short. There are not even enough context clues to tell that the narrator is a boy, not a girl. That's a big thing right there. I am not saying you should be more descriptive, because if you do you will need a 18+ rating, but more info would be useful. But I like how this presents the realities that many young people face each day.

*Edit

Okay, now that you have added Payne's part, it is more clear that he was a boy.
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief