Young Writers Society

Money

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:50 pm
Mikko says...

Money

Spoiler! :
So this comes after ‘Head in the Clouds’ and I put the link down there somewhere too. You HAVE to read that one first. Like HAVE to. Thanks for reading!

Well this is a story that happened before my… you know: accident.
Don’t judge me, I’m not looking for that right now (it’s actually too late for that), I just wanted to tell you about another thing I’ve done that’s ruined my life. Yeah.

Right, so I was in our apartment and I was listening to this debate about how people “throw money out the window” and I was getting bored so I couldn’t be bothered to listen to the whole thing and decided to test out what pleasure people found in throwing money out of the window.

I grabbed my piggy-bank that contained all the money I had been saving up for the past two years. The pocket money my parents gave me every two weeks was supposed to be for my motorbike I was going to get but I told myself it didn’t matter – throwing money out of the window must be much more fun!

I put all my money in a plastic bag, and well, I shook the money out. Coins and bills and stuff. All of it! It was thrilling…until…

There came a knock at our apartment door, like, five minutes later. I was all alone at home so I had to answer the door to that impatient person who was knocking like some sort of crazy muscular leather-jacket biker with tattoos and who constantly listens to heavy metal type of guy.

Wow, it’s crazy how I can describe a knocking exactly like the person knocking!

Apparently, this mister-leather-jacket-biker had been hit by a shower of coins, and all that jazz.

Yeah, ‘course I got beaten up. But at least I got to try out what throwing money out of the window felt like!

It sucked.

I think that’s when I drank some of that drink and I went to the top of the building to try out that other thing I did.

Like I said before, don’t judge me. How was I supposed to know that that’s not what is meant by “throwing money out of the window”?

Pff humans!
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:39 am
View Likes
Snoweary says...

So, i did clicked the link to read Head in the Clouds and proceed to read your story.I have to admit that i love it. It feels like you are actually telling the story face-to-face that i can feel the emotions in every line you wrote. Somehow, i thought you acted like a child, wanted to try everything before considering the consequence. :D
Wow, it’s crazy how I can describe a knocking exactly like the person knocking!

i love this line the most. But, i feel like something is odd. I prefer the sentence to read like this,
" exactly like the person did " Personally, i really do love your story.
Loving in secrecy is my specialty.
What if...I was never here in the first place.

When I use caps I do not want you to read it like a little screech, I want you to read it like a 5,000 year old ogre with the strength of 10,000 men.
— avianwings47