z

Young Writers Society

Dreams tell Lies Contest Entry

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:29 pm
BlueTiger says...

The cover won't attatch as a file upload, so I have to make it cover art instead. Sorry if that makes it diffcult!
We are the dreamers of dreams and the makers of music

1504 Reviews

Reviews: 1504
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:46 pm
IcyFlame says...

Very nice! This is actually quite similar to the idea I had when she was by the lake in the darkess - although that isn't actually in the story. I don't think your chouce of fonts compliment each other though. Perhaps you could alter one of them so they are more similar? Just a thought :)
Thanks for entering and good luck!

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:05 pm
Starlight9 says...

I have seen many great cover designs for IcyFlame's novel, and honestly, your cover is one of the best covers designed for this contest.
Since I haven't read the novel, I would just comment on the design of the cover only. The choice of the image is really cool and eye-catching. (If you really want to win this competition, I'd suggest choosing an image quite similar to the circumstances present in the novel)
I don't like font styles you have used for the novel title and the author's name. The thing is the font used for the novel title is too simple yet the font used for the author's name is sophisticated. If you wish to use an italic, elegant looking font for the authors name, I'd suggest changing the font style of both the novel title and the author's name.
One more thing, if you wish to write "A novel" and then "by" next to the author's name, add this ":" so it would be like
A novel
By: IcyFlame

Or you could simply write 'A novel by' and then the author's name below it.

Hope that might helped, Great job Fantastic cover!
Good Luck in the contest
★L9

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:05 am
ChocoCookie says...

You're cover is pretty interesting :)

Like it :P
Darn it! I am so not going to win D:

--
Cookie ^^
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell