z

Young Writers Society

He Fell

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:41 pm
Cailey says...

Spoiler! :
No clue what was running through my mind when I wrote this...
"We're criminals now."
"It isn't our fault."
"Maybe."
"He fell!"
"You pushed him."

"What do we do?"
"Nothing."
"Nothing?"
"Why would we do anything?"
"He's dead!"

"We should go..."
"I guess."
"You guess?"
"There's no rush."
"What if?"
"If what?"
"The police come?"
"We saw him fall."

"No, he didn't fall."
"He did."
"You pushed him."
"What?"
"You killed him!"

"He fell."
"No."
"He fell.
Oh, look, you fell, too."
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:45 pm
originalhobbit says...

This is great, I think it would work well as a skit, it's very funny. I liked it.
"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." ~Harvey Fierstein

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:49 pm
WrittenInStone says...

This is a wonderful piece of dialogue, it was very intriguing and I enjoy the whole;
He fell,
No you pushed him.

Quite good, and the flow was nicely done. I like this because you can see that you've thought it through or perhaps it was a bout of inspiration. I'm having a hard time explaining this, sheesh. XDD

Overall, I enjoyed it and it was well done. Continue writting my friend, this dialogue skill will come in very much handy.

~Writteninstone.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

Random avatar

Reviews: 126
Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:55 pm
View Likes
Ignatius5453 says...

This is so indicative of human nature; isn't that how it always works out. The only way to keep a secret between 3 people, is if two of them are dead. But otherwise, it was short and entertaining and I just rambled on about nothing..... so...... keep up the good work? Keep Writing!
Flightplan 49

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:16 pm
June3 says...

Wow, that was really good. I couldn't stop reading watch for that last line you forgot a quotation mark, but that's the only grammar problem I saw. I really enjoyed reading this piece, and I hope to read more pieces like this. Keep on writing!!
There once was a women named Kent,
Whose nose was rather quite bent.
One day I suppose,
She followed her nose,
And nobody knows where she went.
-Unknown

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:37 pm
Flemzo says...

Funny! This reminds me of something I wrote a while back between two criminals. I chose to take a more in-depth conversation to move the story along, but this was short and sweet.

Except that it was too short. Just as things were starting to get interesting, it was over. I'd like to see a little more tension in this. I'd like a little more fight between the criminals. I don't know if you've ever been a criminal, but I know a few, and they're a little less accepting about this situation. Criminals think on their feet, the corroborate stories and make sure both know the ins and outs of their alibis. They don't just go, "Well, let's just say he fell," because the next question will be, "How did he fall?" and that's when the alibi fails.

Yeah, more fight between the criminals. But the ending is perfect, keep that. It's awesome.

I'd love to see this expanded and reworked! Please do so!

KF

Just think happy thoughts and you'll fly.
— Peter Pan