z

Young Writers Society

The Walk Alone

Reviews: 4
Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:45 pm
taylormcmullen92 says...

Some walks you have to take alone, to feel the pain that no one else understands, to be cut off from the world and lost in your own agonizing thoughts. It’s the only time that you can actually think your way out of some ridiculous plan that you’ve made up to better yourself when in the end your setting yourself up for disappointment. Is this what everyone does? Knowingly hurting them self’s just to feel a slight glimpse of pain. To feel something at all because feeling nothing is worse. Isn’t it better to be numb? To forget all the hurt you’ve had over the years. Or does knowing the hurt and bringing it back every chance you get, give you the feeling of life itself? Why do people put themselves though something that they can never recover from?

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:51 pm
Demoness says...

This is an interesting though. I think we all feel like we just wanna be cut off from the world sometimes, so that we can think over the lives we live and where we are actually heading. No disrespect to you sacred thoughts, but the latter of this piece kind of made me think of vampires in many books and tvshows and movies and all.. Cause that's what they do right, they cut off their emotions, live a life in numbness and tries to forget the pain and hurt their past lives and many memories cause them. As for the last line/question.. I'd say people do that to remember who they are, and to feel alive.. but that's just in some cases... It really depends on what the "thing" they go through is about doesn't it?

Good Luck & Keep Writing - your thoughts are inspiring!

// Demoness
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm
shadowraiki says...

I like being alone more often than being with other people. It's great to have fun with others, but there are times when they act in certain ways and you want to correct them, but know that they're probably too ignorant to change or too much of a friend for you to have the heart to tel lthem. I've set myself up several times before: I'm going to gain 5 pounds in muscle mass by the end of this summer! 2 months later, I weigh exactly the same. Disappointing, yes, but I knew I was going to fail.

Your idea is a bit conflicting as nothing and numb are practically the same. People put themselves through things because there was a chance at succeeding. If everyone stayed within their safe zone, nothing would have happened in this world. We would still be eating berries and gathering roots. As much as we hate taking risks, it's the only way for us to push forward.
If words are just letters put together, why do we decide on what they mean?

I step away from the grammar to review the story.

I don't do poetry.

*surprised scream* Aaaaah, NaNo!
— spottedpebble