z

Young Writers Society

World Map Draft1

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:12 pm
ShadowKnight155 says...

This is not a school project, this is for a book I am writing. I'm sure my description's a little confusing. :D

So, I was wondering if you guys think this world map is original and "feels right." Simply put: You like it! ;)

So here's the map, complete with boundaries of Nations. Currently there is no labeling. So tell me if you guys think this map is good, but I almost forgot to mention this is a draft. Also meaning the borders won't be this thick. I'm going to be posting more accurate versions soon(hopefully) with detailed coasts and less general borders of everything. So as I again almost forgot: The borders in this draft are very general and not the jagged realistic coastlines you'll find on a real map.

More Information:
Spoiler! :
This map is a zoomed out version below. The real version is gigantic, and has the accuracy up to every four miles. ;) Why would I need that accuracy? Nobody will ever know! But why not? So that's why this version is scaled down. And for the fun of information: The borders are 24 miles long :p in the final version that number will be lowered.

--Skis

Map1Draft.png
Do not copy or redistribute.
Map1Draft.png (95.47 KiB) Viewed 154 times
By nature, all language is flawed.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding," - Albert Einstein

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:16 pm
RoarShark says...

Looks really good. So long as it serves the purpose it was designed for, its good. The only thing I am curious about is the top and bottom, as they look like they should be something, but their empty. I'm assuming they are like Antarctica, continents, just no one lives there. Oh, just noticed that there are a few stray marks at the top left by the Hawaii like islands.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 pm
lele253isme says...

This looks good, the only way I know how to draw a map is by...*gulp*...tracing it. I know.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:23 pm
Demeter says...

Hey ShadowKnight!

This is kind of cool :0 I love that you've actually drawn a map for your story and posted it here! I wish I had the patience to do that.

In the upper left corner, are the black squiggles little islands? The red and the orange dots are obviously islands, but I couldn't be sure...

I'm so excited about this for some reason! I like maps!

Demeter
x
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:53 pm
YouWishYouHadThis says...

THAT LOOKS REALLY AWESOME!!!!!! O_O
I Can Rock Your World And Live My Life like A Rock star

If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia