z

Young Writers Society

XIII. Misfortune

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:07 pm
emmylove says...

Spoiler! :
I'm working on the 100 themes challenge, but I'm doing it for my own fiction piece rather than a fanfiction. The only reason I'm posting this one is because I found it kind of funny, in an it's-not-that-funny sort of way, AND it's a legitimate drabble (exactly 100 words). I hope you enjoy! Comments are loved, but you don't really have to review if you don't feel like it.

XIII. Misfortune

“My truck wouldn’t start,” Sadie chattered, shivering in the bitter cold; she wasn’t yet prepared for this type of winter.

“Come inside, you idiot,” Jack joked, taking her hand and leading her inside. “You must be freezing.”

Sadie grinned at his attempt of intuition and retorted, “You think?”

“You’re out of luck, m’dear,” the blonde haired boy stated, chuckling at Sadie’s angry response. “Aunt Devorah took the car out this morning and still isn’t back.”

Sadie pursed her lips and huffed through her nose. “Can I borrow some winter clothes then? I guess I’m riding my bike to the city.”
We've stayed until the very end.
This is real for us.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:42 pm
Charlii101 says...

emmylove wrote:
Spoiler! :
I'm working on the 100 themes challenge, but I'm doing it for my own fiction piece rather than a fanfiction. The only reason I'm posting this one is because I found it kind of funny, in an it's-not-that-funny sort of way, AND it's a legitimate drabble (exactly 100 words). I hope you enjoy! Comments are loved, but you don't really have to review if you don't feel like it.

XIII. Misfortune

“My truck wouldn’t start,” Sadie chattered,In stead of chattered you could say with a ling of anger although her teeth were chattering from the bitter cold. shivering in the bitter cold; she wasn’t yet prepared for this type of winter.

“Come inside, you idiot,” Jack joked, taking her hand and leading her inside. “You must be freezing.”here you cold put he smiled cheekily at his not so funny joke.

“You’re out of luck, m’dear,” the blonde haired boy stated,you could say Jack said shaking his blonde hair from out of his eye or something. chuckling at Sadie’s angry response. “Aunt Devorah took the car out this morning and still isn’t back.”

Sadie pursed her lips and huffed through her nose. “Can I borrow some winter clothes then? I guess I’m riding my bike to the city.”maybe you could name the city.

i like the situation but there's not enough, you need to add more detail to it and it may be come more clear to people.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:42 pm
XxMattxX says...

Good, just a few things.
emmylove wrote:XIII. Misfortune

“My truck wouldn’t start,” Sadie chattered, shivering in the bitter cold; she wasn’t yet prepared for this type of winter.

“Come inside, you idiot,” Jack joked, taking her hand and leading her inside. “You must be freezing.”

“You’re out of luck, m’dear,” the blonde haired boy stated, chuckling at Sadie’s angry response. “Aunt Devorah took the car out this morning and still isn’t back.”

Sadie pursed her lips and huffed through her nose. “Can I borrow some winter clothes then? I guess I’m riding my bike to the city.”

I know it may seem like i am being nit-picky, but show us how they talk, don't tell us.
Adverbs are great in moderation, but over usage can serve as a distraction to the reader and can turn a good peace of literature in to just a bunch of words on paper.

Also, more detail wouldn't hurt, because this seems like it has a lot of potential.
Other than that, good job.
--------------------------
-jojo
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon