z

Young Writers Society

One Reason Why People Aren’t Better Than People

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:42 pm
View Likes
Kwantack says...

This has been deleted for several reasons, one being that I've put too much time into this whole project, but I've accomplished all that I need to. I want to thank all who commented, but I especially want to congradulate those who feared not to speak against this. Well done.
Last edited by Kwantack on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The only bad ideas are the ones never tried." - Puck, The Sisters Grimm

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:05 pm
View Likes
XxMattxX says...

Kwantack wrote:One Reason Why People Aren’t Better Than People.

1) Really? I mean, really? Has it all come down to this? Taking sides of gender or whatever? This is ridiculous—I hope you guys know that. I hate to break it to you but you are human—just like everyone else. You put your pants on one leg at a time—just like everyone else. You are unique—just like everyone else. We’re all people, which means we’re all equal. No one is better than anyone else. You may be better at something than others but that doesn’t qualify you as ‘better’. If you really do think that you are ‘better’ than someone else then I feel sorry for you. Not only is that cruel, rude, and wrong of you but it makes you overestimate yourself in every way possible. There is no way that anyone could be better than anyone because if there were then life would be a constant and continuous scramble to be better than everyone resulting in the human race going nowhere (metaphorically). Can’t we just agree to disagree? Yes, I am a debater, but this ‘war’ has gone too far. It’s too stupid to even laugh at. If we can just get along life would be so much better. And, yes, okay, maybe these “5 reasons why…” posts are just a big joke or something but I’m getting sick of it and I’m probably not the only one. If we’ve started taking sides on what we have no control of (like gender) instead of what we have the power to change then I am completely and utterly disgusted.

Perfectly said. I've been watching this from afar and agree that this whole *joke* has gotten waaay out of hand.
We are all human.
All those response posts are getting a little repetitive... and annoying.

------------------
-jojo.
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:03 am
View Likes
Razcoon says...

You realize I posted mine to counter the first two? Then ladypurple posted that one to counter mine? You also realize you're just prolonging the topic? >.>
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:32 am
View Likes
AllyGrLxOX says...

You realize I posted mine to counter the first two? Then ladypurple posted that one to counter mine? You also realize you're just prolonging the topic? >.>

^^I think that RazHuni has a great point!

I also feel that people should be able to make whatever kind of "gender-taking-side-articles" they want! xD
I mean they're not supposed to actually insult anyone, because everyone knows that everyone's equal! (Or at least I'd hope so..heehee)

Also, that if anyone really truly was offended by those kind of things then they shouldn't read the post!
I mean you're able to tell what the post isabout from the title. O_o
HEY YOU!
Yeah you! :D

You should check out my latest novel "Part of the Night!"
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=877
^Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,

Why haven't you clicked on the link yet!

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:21 am
View Likes
Kwantack says...

To clear up any confusion whatsoever: Yes, I realize I'm only continuing the process but if it will stop the whole problem all together then it's worth the ridicule and humiliation. Do know that I'm ready for anyone to get mad at me for I understand the power of the opinion. As far as opinions go, if the ones who started this have their freedom to post then so do I. If anyone else has complaints don't be shy. I'd be happy to clear up any more confusion this may bring.
"The only bad ideas are the ones never tried." - Puck, The Sisters Grimm

556 Reviews

Reviews: 556
Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:07 pm
View Likes
ziggiefred says...

Hello there :)

I'm also kind of tired of these posts. They actually have made everything so much complicated because of all the different opinions and the fighting is just crazy. Even though they are meant to be light hearted, some people have taken them a bit too seriously, it's not even fun any more. I don't understand what the fuss is all about or where it came from.
Nicely done :)
The best is what you make it!

...eh, need a review? Click me!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:19 pm
View Likes
iceprincess says...

Kwantack, I applaud the cause that you are presenting to us all, but don’t you think you’re taking this a little bit too seriously? I’ve read all the articles, and to be honest, I did not find any bit of it offensive. They were all written in good fun, and all of them were only poking fun at stereotypes. Do you really believe that the authors mean what they wrote in their columns when all have stated they were just satires and not meant to be taken seriously?

I believe that people were not born equal, but does that mean I believe that stereotypes should be allowed, that men should be at the top and control other non-men; that women should not be given the same rights; that transvestites are the pests of our society?

To both of these questions that I have stated, if you have answered “yes” to any of them, then please do explain why.

Like you, those authors all knew what they were doing: they were lightly making fun of controversial subjects, while subtly pointing out the faults in both sides of the argument.

There was never a war --- the "war" you thought was taking place was actually the exchange of opinions. In fact, I dare to say that they were all very successful columns that made us re-evaluate and maybe, re-enforce our beliefs, while providing light entertainment for all.

For what is a column but a way to provoke and inspire discussions about the way we are living our lives. Some, like the authors aforementioned, chose to do this in writing satires; while some, like you, choose to write clear, no-nonsense essays. Different ways; same purpose.

There is no way that anyone could be better than anyone because if there were then life would be a constant and continuous scramble to be better than everyone resulting in the human race going nowhere (metaphorically).

I'm sorry, but please do tell me where is the logic in that. I am utterly confused here.

I'm also kind of tired of these posts. They actually have made everything so much complicated because of all the different opinions and the fighting is just crazy. Even though they are meant to be light hearted, some people have taken them a bit too seriously, it's not even fun any more. I don't understand what the fuss is all about or where it came from.

Thank you, ziggiefred.
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:42 am
Kale says...

You put your pants on one leg at a time—just like everyone else.

Actually, I don't. I've always gone the route of sitting on my bed and slipping both legs on at the same time before standing and pulling my pants up in one smooth motion. It's faster. There's also a dramatically decreased chance of toppling over due to overbalancing. :P

Compared to the others that I've read, this one was rather weakly constructed. Your arguments are all over the place, and you don't really support them. This reads more as a rant than an essay, which is fine if that was your intention, but I do think it would have been better to post this in your blog rather than waste the 100 points you spent posting it as a work.

For the most part, I agree with iceprincess; I do think that you took the whole thing with the articles a bit too seriously. Also, RazHuni brought up the good point that by posting this, you're just adding to the already long list of such "X Reason(s)" articles. Things come and go quickly on the internet; if you don't like a trend, the best thing to do is ignore it and wait it out. If no one posts about a thing, it will die quickly; it's when you get people that keep posting or otherwise discussing something that it drags on and on and on.

So basically, if you don't want any more "X Reason(s)" articles, don't post or discuss them. It will die off soon enough.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart