z

Young Writers Society

Sunrise, Sunset, Night

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 am
TheThing says...

It's one of those speeches that is said at the end of a dramatic movie that sums up the theme of everything. The inspirational quote that inspires teenagers to hang the poster with the quote on their wall. Be prepared for some cheese.

--------

Sunrises are so beautiful. I'm not talking about the colors or the dew or any of that bullshit. I mean, just the idea of a sunrise. It brings so much hope to life. Like today is going to be a great day. So many good things will happen or be accomplished. Things are brand new, a fresh start. That's what a sunrise does to you. It fills you with hope and optimism and promise and desire and the idea that things are going to be better than they were yesterday.

But sunsets are depressing as hell. I mean, they remind you that you just wasted another day of your life on some stupid bullshit. All that hope and optimism and promise and desire and shit get turned on its head and crushed. Sunsets remind us that nothing will change and that we're going to be stuck in the same fucking spot all the time, life fucking our plans over.

The only good thing about a sunset is that it means that it's night. The time of drunkenness, sex, violence and just overall debauchery. Night allows us to drown away the sins of the day with the sins of the night. Good sin. Fun sin. Not the sins of failure or inaction, but the sin that allows people to be free. The night allows us to get rid of society's pressures and masks and people who despise us. It lets us to do whatever we want with no repercussions, lets us be who we really are - just a bunch of savage, repressed beasts. We relinquish our humanity to the night, in the hopes that the night will keep it. But the night won't hold onto it, because, as night gives way to dawn and sunrises, we become filled with hope again. And in order to feel hope, we need our humanity.
"I find myself to be incredibly quotable." Me

"Reach for the stars, because if you fall, you'll land on a cloud" Kanye West

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." Ray Bradbury, Advice to Writers

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:27 pm
UCntCMee says...

Hey!
I really liked this, somehow. It was definitely cheesy. When I read some of the parts, I couldn't help but laugh. But I still thought it was entertaining.
I guess that's it.
-UCntCMee
It was your world, Baby, and I just slipped in it.

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen