z

Young Writers Society

Summary

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:29 am
Elizabeth says...

I know, I know, another written piece by her?
Why did I chance upon this and not click anotehr fancy link to something Snoink or Firestarter or Hunter or Crysi or Arieda picked; they have such great taste afterall!

WELL TOUGH!
READ 'EM AND WEEP!

Story Begins:

One night a girl wakes up to find a baby on her porch. There is a note which says "Take care of her. Her name is ____"

Flashback:

Girl remembers one day her friend, crying, tells her she is pregnant.
She can't afford abortion or anything and is forced to tell her parents or something.
Girl worries for her but will help all she can.
One day the friends lose contact.

Future:

Girl knows it was her friends baby and sets out to find her while her and her family take care of the baby.
Entire familys phone number changes so no contact with friends family.
All family members love baby, they adore it, and keep trying to track down the mother.

Future, future:

Daughter begins to question why she has different traits (hair, eyes, attidute etc) than others at young age of 6 or so after attending class and learnign about families.
Girl can't tell her so she says that she gets it from her dads side. Although girl doesn't have a boyfriend or such.
When daugher turns ten, which makes the girl around 26 or so, she questions once again the true "mom" and gril has to tell.
They search and sent out broadcasts and MISSING PERSON signs.
One day they find the true mom........

Ending:

Concealed from you!
Only those who have helped me a lot and wish to continue helping me will be able to know what I plan for the ending.

So... thoughts, suggestions, comment, questions, complaints?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:35 pm
Areida says...

*is honoured name got mentioned in the same context as Snoink, Jack, Crysi, Hunter, and good taste*

The idea itself seems a bit trite/overdone, but I think as long as there are some interesting subplots and things thrown into the mix, you could pull it off. I mean, the whole "baby left on a doorstep and later feels different/like she doesn't belong but they can't find the mother" has about been done to death.

But if you play up the whole searching for the daughter's real family, I think you could pull in some interesting characters and stuff along the way. It can be done, but since the basic framework of the plot lacks originality, it will take more work.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Positive anything is better than negative nothing.
— Elbert Hubbard