z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Twitterized)

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:37 am
mikepyro says...

While I really enjoyed it I won't lie and tell you it was absolutly hysterical or totally awesome, it wasn't. It was good though. I felt you missed alot of great opportunities since you seemed to spend alot of time at the start than fly through to the end. Honestly the best parts are the side moments like the talking snowman and ones that tied indirectly into the film (potion notes), showed great humor and creativity. I know it's a twitter but some posts ignore punctuation completely and others are really strict, so that bugged me.

Also would love to see the twitters from accounts other than harry, would be a very nice touch if you mixed them all in. Something like voldemort texting after losing to harry would be pretty lolworthy.

Overall a solid piece with some great moments of humor and truly original. This is the first and only semi fanfic I've ever bothered to finish.

Reviews: 2
Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:03 am
Alashay13 says...

I laughed when I read this. It was funny and I really liked it. Harry's a bit occ, but I like it best when he is.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:46 am
Emmzziee says...

This is so awesome :D
I want to play a game.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:41 am
JaneThermopolis says...

I LOVED this, and obviously everyone else loved it just as much too because it is on the front page. Ergo, it's brilliant. You took a novel and easily shrunk it down into the tweets, which actually thoroughly explained the book.
Well done!
(Gonna go read the Chamber of Secrets post NOW!)
Keep writing,
-Jane
Apple of my soul,
Eats me whole,
Take one bite,
No delight,
Rotting hole.

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:37 am
inkwell says...

Reminds me of the fake tweets from the pope in a recent New Yorker. I could see this catching on.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:37 pm
Flux says...

HARRY_P

Holy shit. I’m a wizard.

1 Jul

XD! Oh man ... I can't express in words ...

HARRY_P

Met @RonWeasley on the train. He’s a ginger, but he seems like an all right guy.

1 Sept

Yeah, I guess Ron's okay ...

Anyway. This. Was. GREAT.

I love the idea of putting it into Twitter. There's not much I can say to actually make this a real review ... Aside from the fact that you're awesome, and should Twitterize every novel in the series!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 pm
FemmeFatale says...

I seriously didnt think that this twitterized potter could get any better, but it just did! This made me laugh even harder than the first which I would have thought impossible because I almost died laughing reading philosophers stone. My fave entries were 23 Jun, 31 Oct, 1 Sept, 30 Sept and 1 Jul! I had to stop reading for a short period of time from lack of breath haha. Please do all the books! pleeaaaasssee! These are so good! Amazing job yet again!
"To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders."
-Lao Tzu

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:44 am
apple96 says...

I loved the tweet about seeing a three headed dog and it being normal!
'Are you saying Ni to that old woman?'
'Yes'
'Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history'

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:03 pm
Phoenix23 says...

Awesome! Made me see Harry Potter in an entirely new way. Really hilarious. Harry Potter of the new technology era just could not get better. :) Loved it! Keep up the good work. I am looking forward for more HP !
If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!
- Shel Silverstein

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner