the Unknown

2 posts
User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 4257
Reviews 78
The Unknown

As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don't know
We don't know.


Spoiler
Donald Rumsfeld is poetic.......? since when?
Davantageous




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2172
Reviews 41
I thought that it was fairly clever in some aspects, but highly cliche in others. It felt in this line like you were trying too hard:
As we know,

There are known knowns.

There are things we know we know.

We also know

There are known unknowns.

That is to say

We know there are some things

We do not know.

It seems as if someone has done this type of thing before. But it was entertaining, made me giggle a little. And I have to give you props for the spelling! For so many repetitive words I know I would've messed up alot. Keep writing!
-Klotrox
In memory of 1411



I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom