z

Young Writers Society

Cruelty thy name is......

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:40 am
Bintulislam says...

Its 7:33 a.m on the dial and everyone is still asleep. Keeping in mind the psychological alterations with which one usually suffers while spending vacations always result in late rising, so you shouldn't be surprised. Also you must not confuse yourself of me being very punctual or a routine following type, its just that mine have just started so my early-rising engine is in need of a bit tuning to fall in sync with the rest.

Khair (Anyways), Mornings are always fabulous (ahem...when early-to-bed) especially the dawn break, you get up by sweet chirping of birdies and not-so-hot sunlight with breeze doubling the feeling of joy pursuing you to get out of your bed as quickly as possible. You feel good and lively. Your EEG if recorded now would definitely show a quicker progression (than the usual noon rising) from synchronous pattern to a desynchronised activity of alpha and beta waves' (peculiar) production.

So, you immediately head towards your bathroom for a shower during which you resolve to execute fully and finally the latest pending To-Do list of all, on top of which lies the Neuro's unfinished chapter you had started last week. You intend to start with that, and the thought of FINALLY ticking it DONE fills your heart with a gush of futuristic satisfaction. Then you get dressed up, put a nice fragrance on and considering your rumbling stomach's plea head towards the kitchen first but instead of making yourself a cup of tea you go for a glass full of chilled Mango Milkshake to double the fun as Khala jani (my youngest aunt) would say Sehat bhi maza bhi (Taste and Health should go hand in hand). Now you in the kitchen:

Ingredients:
1 large size ripe Mango: very tactfully peel off the cunningly thin skin of mango without letting it take the majority of the pulp and then skillfully take perfect cubes out of the pulp (that's my father's emphasis, since I dun have the Samurai Jack skills, which all the elder women in my family are blessed with, so I did what I could and BTW whether irregular or perfect cubes, aren't they supposed to be blended??)
1 cup of Milk
2 table spoons of Sugar

Method:
1.Take out your Blender/Mixer Machine and wash it 3 times (Precaution: One may forget that last night, the scrumptious Shami-Kabobs they had, were grinded with the help of it too, so you DO wash it THAT many times and save yourself from a throat-choking spicy Mango Milkshake)
2.Now put all the ingredients into your blender/mixer i.e mango cubes, milk and sugar in it. Cover it with its lid.
3.Put the plug into the socket and turn the machine ON!..click...click.. click again!! But it won't work !!(You go Wha??! Why??)

So puzzled you try resetting it and even a bit of beating the motor part but fail which makes you realize that its probably something else, something graver for which Allah Almighty has not given you the power to fix and then with pounding heart you give your clock a horrified glimpse - and you realize that it was THE TIME - the scheduled time for load shedding. Sigh.

That happened yesterday. You can only imagine how heart breaking that situation was. I think most of you could recall me whining about how our generator broke up before vacations and know what things still aren't any different as the Old Skill-less Man who was supposed to fix it, completely ruined it. Now OSM wasn't only unable to fix it but he left it mysteriously unrepairable by others as well so that now it is as hopeless as President Zardari. And how did I spend my morning afterwards? Well, I ended up joining our maasi (maid) cursing KESC , lamenting how OSM destroyed a perfectly sweet machine which was only suffering from oil leakage and got automatically shower-wet not by any water but by the unforgettably mineralized, lactati-fied (lactate containing)and urea-fied water having enough odorants to nauseate me. Though I had my Mango Milkshake afterwards. =) AlhamduLillah (All praise is for Allah).

Speaking of Govt. I just remembered about the Transparency International 2010 Report which files the present Govt.as more corrupt than the previous one, well I am not sure whether the previous Govt. was a better one or not but for the present one it sounds fair. I remember reading Power Ministry tops that list. But we'll dissect that report some other day. As right now I am still quite over whelmed by the suffering and could yield in to the biased impulses easily which wouldn't be fair. :) Lets finish this on a serious note, Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (R.A), the second Caliph of Islam explained about the appearance of things which I really like as it helps me being hopeful and positive. (And I think there is also an Ayah in Quran which states the same but can't remember which one - its in Surah-Al-Baqarah, I guess)

"Maybe a thing that you do not like is really in your interest. It is possible that a thing that you may desire may be against your interest."
Enjoining Good and Forbidding Evil.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:22 am
davantageous says...

Chronological routine......i like it. Original to you and definitely one of a kind. A fitting reminder of how cruel, the morning actually can be.....sometimes........always. The level of detail used is stellar. For example:
Ingredients:
1 large size ripe Mango: very tactfully peel off the cunningly thin skin of mango without letting it take the majority of the pulp and then skillfully take perfect cubes out of the pulp (that's my father's emphasis, since I dun have the Samurai Jack skills, which all the elder women in my family are blessed with, so I did what I could and BTW whether irregular or perfect cubes, aren't they supposed to be blended??)
1 cup of Milk
2 table spoons of Sugar
Method:
1.Take out your Blender/Mixer Machine and wash it 3 times (Precaution: One may forget that last night, the scrumptious Shami-Kabobs they had, were grinded with the help of it too, so you DO wash it THAT many times and save yourself from a throat-choking spicy Mango Milkshake)
2.Now put all the ingredients into your blender/mixer i.e mango cubes, milk and sugar in it. Cover it with its lid.
3.Put the plug into the socket and turn the machine ON!..click...click.. click again!! But it won't work !!(You go Wha??! Why??)

great job........continue this story....I would love to see more. Please do more and finish this story. It will be a winner for me.
Davantageous

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:17 am
SerenityCross says...

Hey! Great story. I got a little confused with the way you wrote it, but I eventually figured it out. I find this very good and would LOVE to read more. KEEP writing!
Trust is like a mirror, able to be fixed if broken, but you can still see the cracks.

Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes but to save themselves, to survive as individuals.

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor