A Writers' Block. My Block.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:49 pm
View Likes
TwistedMuffins says...

A Writers' Block.

Spoiler! :
A writers' block. We all seem to get them, once a while, don't we? I guess that would be the topic for my first blog. A Writers' Block. Truth to be told, I'm having one right now so please, excuse me, if this turned out to be a waste of time.

A friend once told me, "Writers' Block happens all the time. You need some fresh air. Change of atmosphere man!" Though wherever I go; the park or the corniche, its just the same. Its been here long enough to make me forget when was the last time I wrote an actual story! My new best friend, I call it out of mere frustration.
One usual Thursday, happy as I was as anyone would be now that its a two-day weekend and homework was allowed to be done at the last moment, I decided to do a little research of my own. For all who don't know me well, 'Research' isn't my thing. I wouldn't even do it, if it was the last thing on Earth. So now you know how jobless and bored I really was.
I googled 'A writers' block' to find -
A writers' block is when an author/a writer has a lot to deal with at hand and thus has a cluttered and unorganised brain.
Wikipedia had told me something that we all already know.
I sat down wondering, how can I be unorganised? I may be lazy and stubborn but I shall not, in any time-frame, be unorganised.And then I knew. I knew who to blame it on. The teachers. If school is said to bring out our talents, why cage us and our talent up with homework? "To revise what you have learned today and from that, what will help you in your future" replied my school counselor when I asked her that question.
I left the room, unsatisfied with the answer. I walked around the school ground in deep thoughts. One of them was of lunch (I like food! Chocolates in particular) and the other, the more important one, was on my recent chat with the counselor. As a group of skateboarders passed me, one said to the other, 'Over at my place at 6? I got 'The Thing' man! Its amazing!'
And then I got it!
The teachers secretly work under an evil person who doesn't want smart and talented children, in fear that they, we, might spoil his evil plan that is to take over the world!
Yes, that's it!
Even though this is (I admit) a little far-fetched. It did make me laugh and shake off that Writers' Block for sometime.
So here is my own free advice. "Make the unexpected out of every situation. It lightens not only your day, but others' too when you share your laugh with them"

And to all of you patient readers reading out there. I must thank you, for reading till the end.
We all need to try.
Try And Try Till You Succeed huh?
If I were to have a super power, it would be to time-travel, so that I could turn back time, and erase your very existence.

Random avatar

Reviews: 126
Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:46 pm
View Likes
Ignatius5453 says...

And then I got it!

The teachers secretly work under an evil person who doesn't want smart and talented children, in fear that they, we, might spoil his evil plan that is to take over the world!

Brilliant, it all makes sense now. But I saw a quote by someone on YWS, I can't recall whom, it said: 'Writer's Block lives in my closet.' So I'd think of writers block as a mean leprechaun that has nothing better to do than harass writers because it's horribly illiterate and jealous of our abilities.
Flightplan 49

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 pm
TwistedMuffins says...

Ignatius5453:

:D Thanks a ton man!
Rightfully said! A mean leprechaun - reminds me of Artemis Fowl for some reason 0.o

Anyways, thanks a ton for the review! :)
If I were to have a super power, it would be to time-travel, so that I could turn back time, and erase your very existence.

1504 Reviews

Reviews: 1504
Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:23 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Trawling through my extensive reading list, I suddenly noticed this. I can't remember why it's on here exactly, but I decided to review anyway!
Justtrying wrote:that its a two-day weekend
Aren't all weekends two-day? Or am I being slow?

Ignatius5453 wrote:Brilliant, it all makes sense now. But I saw a quote by someone on YWS, I can't recall whom, it said: 'Writer's Block lives in my closet.' So I'd think of writers block as a mean leprechaun that has nothing better to do than harass writers because it's horribly illiterate and jealous of our abilities.

^This.

Well thanks for the read and the laugh! I'm now off to do some writing! Yay!
(No dount I'll be back on YWS in five minutes or so having given up!)

You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author