Young Writers Society

Thank you Mum

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 am
View Likes
olivia1987uk says...

Dear Mum,

I want to cancel my birthday party. There is nothing to celebrate. Can I ask for money instead of presents? That way I can get what I need and be one step closer to sorting myself out. I want counselling, and there’s a lady down the road that does it for £30 an hour.

The antidepressants are making me ill. They don’t suit me whatsoever and all you can tell me is “I told you so”. Well, cheers for your support! What you seem to forget is you are the reason I’m on them. You’ve ruined everything but still you have everything you want and need. What do I have? Shall I give you a run down?

I have a weight problem. How could you let your daughter get ten stone overweight? Why have you not helped me?

I am behind in my education. I had to leave college because my friends found out before I did, that you were sleeping with my boyfriend. How can any seventeen year old girl deal with that? I chose to do a part-time, home study degree because I am so terrified of getting bullied again. You caused it the first time.

I am clinically depressed as you and my brother have systematically broken me down from such a young age, that I now believe all those things you say about me. I now know that I am worthless, I am lazy and I don’t deserve the roof over my head. I now know that I always have needed psychological help. I now know that no one will ever love me. I now know that you have put that much on my shoulders, I will never be able to breathe freely again.

Your gullible daughter x

I can’t send this.
Last edited by olivia1987uk on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olivia
xxx
If you wake up in the morning and all you can think of is writing, then you're a writer...

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:54 pm
View Likes
PiesAreSquared says...

olivia1987uk wrote:Well cheers for your support!.

shouldn't it be "Well, cheers for your support!" I've never known an unwell cheer.
I am clinically depressed as you and my brother have systematically broken me down from such a young age, that I know believe all those things you say about me.

I really don't understand this sentence, maybe it should be "i know that from a young age i am clinically depressed from believing all those things you said about me to systematically break me down."
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:33 pm
View Likes
popatemyheart1994 says...

I am sorry if this is true. You sound like a lovely person and for this to happen to you must be terrible. I found it very shocking reading this that the writer of it went through something as horrific as this. If this is true then I would a hundred percent advise you to go and see a school tacher, a social worker or someone to get out of this situation. You are beautiful in your own special way and do not let anyone take that away from you. You have to fight to keep your individuality! xx
Im the best :)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:40 am
View Likes
megefford says...

The language is very interesting, and I like the truthfull structure a lot.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:24 pm
Wondergirl59 says...

This is really hard to respond to. Your writing was great, but if all of that is true...I have no idea what to say. It's a horrible story, and by this piece, you seem to know how hard it is to live that way. But good writing.
Life can be amazing if your slightly strange

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)