z

Young Writers Society

character descriptions

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:55 am
Harley says...

[i need work on my character descriptions, so I'm using this post to develop them. feel free to comment on them; I'll be posting several as time goes on so look out fro them. thanks.]

I
She was a surfer at heart; a pretty Californian girl who was laid-back and easy-going. Her face was lightly dusted with tiny freckles which were only visible close-up. Her hair was naturally brown but had been bleached due to hours in the sun, giving it an almost blonde hue. She didn't like to straighten it, but rather scrunch it and leave it loosely tied back. She was slender, and a fairly average height, for which she felt she was very lucky; she didn't think she was ugly but she didn't like to say so, as many of her friends were always complaining of their dissatisfaction with their own features. She had her own style- sometimes boho-surfer like, and other times more casual and grungy. She liked being herself. She had no siblings, which most likely accounted for her mature attitude, and she was quiet and shy; which the local boys didn't seem to like. She liked to wake up early on Sunday mornings and sit on the balcony looking at the waves gently lapping at the beach shore. She was a wallflower, and a bit of a klutz.- not outgoing until she warmed up to someone. Then she could be a lot of fun. She hated school but went anyway; never rebellious or insolent, always doing what she was told. She never smoked and hated people who did; her parents let her try alcohol once but she genuinely hated the taste. She lived less than a minute's walk out of the town borders, but none of her close friends lived in the town so she kept to herself. She longed to be accepted, and to be invited to parties and sleepovers, but until then she would just carry on with her day-to-day life.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:16 am
concertchick16 says...

awosme....i can almost see her, her eyes are a big part though, i always notice the eyes...
"windows to the soul"lol :shock:

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:38 pm
Harley says...

He was tall and thin, with bright dark eyes and a cute smile. He laughed a lot, and was overall a great guy to be with. His hands were rough and his fingers tapered, and he had a habit of running them through his thick dark brown hair. He was sweet and kind, the type of guy that every girl dreams of. He wasn't the most handsome of men, but it was his overall actions that made people fall in love with him, instantly; sometimes far too deeply for their own good. He loved girls with a good sense of humour, and liked making people laugh, although he didn't have to try hard. His smile was... nice. It's hard to describe; it just made you smile back at him. You never saw him upset or down- he was happy all the time, and it never got tiring. Nothing about him got tiring. When you were with him time flew, and the space between it dragged like an eternity. He was just amazing, in every sense of the word.

[m'dream guy lol :P]

The wince that you wince when you see your quote in the quote generator is quite a wince, I tell ya. To know that the whole YWS community has read and judged your quote is quite an awkward feeling like oh noes. *manly blush*
— Arcticus