z

Young Writers Society

Selling Out

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:02 am
Rei says...

The title was a prompt given at my writers group. Here's what I came up with.

Shopping sucks. I hate shopping. Used to love it when I was in middle school. The effect of trying to be like the other girls around me, and influence from TV. That show Clueless, and just about any show with a teenage girl in it. I don't get why people love shopping so much. I kind of side with the male comedians on Just For Laughs when they talk about going shopping with their wives. A waste of time, a total drag. These days I almost never buy more than one thing when I go to the mall.

Not counting lunch, of course. I love the food court. Sometimes I'll wander around for fifteen minutes before I decide what I want to eat. Japanese food, Chinese, Mexican. Well, Americanized versions of them, anyway. A&W, New York Fries, KFC. This is my favourite part of the mall.

Apart from the book store, that is. Thousands of books on every concievable topic. Except I can never seem to find out when books I want will be released. Or I don't have time to go get it when I do know. Like when the last Harry Potter book came out. They were all sold out by the time I got there, and that pissed me off. I wanted to read it so bad, but it was another month before I could get it.

Anyway, back to shopping. It always amazes me how people can spend hundreds of dollars in one day just on clothes and make up/ It's insane. And having to carry all that stuff around until you get home--or if you're lucky, your car. That's how malls were designed, though. Spend, spend, spend. Everything must be sold! Then we'll go get more stuff so we can seel that. Buy, buy, buy! Buy until you have no more money to spend. Malls If it weren't for the book store and food court, I'd probably never go there. Meh. I can just go to the Lillian H. Smith and eat at the Burger King down the street.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:32 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Reichieru wrote:The title was a prompt given at my writers group. Here's what I came up with.

Shopping sucks. I hate shopping. Used to love it when I was in middle school. The effect of trying to be like the other girls around me, and influence from TV. That show Clueless, and just about any show with a teenage girl in it. I don't get why people love shopping so much. I kind of side with the male comedians on Just For Laughs when they talk about going shopping with their wives. A waste of time, a total drag. These days I almost never buy more than one thing when I go to the mall.

Not counting lunch, of course. I love the food court. Sometimes I'll wander around for fifteen minutes before I decide what I want to eat. Japanese food, Chinese, Mexican. Well, Americanized versions of them, anyway. A&W, New York Fries, KFC. This is my favourite part of the mall.

Anyway, back to shopping. It always amazes me how people can spend hundreds of dollars in one day just on clothes and make up/ It's insane. And having to carry all that stuff around until you get home--or if you're lucky, your car. That's how malls were designed, though. Spend, spend, spend. Everything must be sold! Then we'll go get more stuff so we can seel that. Buy, buy, buy! Buy until you have no more money to spend. Malls If it weren't for the book store and food court, I'd probably never go there. Meh. I can just go to the Lillian H. Smith and eat at the Burger King down the street.

all to true, all to true..my neighbors are complete shopping addicts...i think its stupid, they go shopping every day..crazy...waste of money on clothes you will probably only use for a month (to stick with the latest fashion)..many girls early teens are fashion victims...they care way too much about what they are wearing....i am sure now that some teenage girl will come and contradict my opinion, but im sticking to mine....bring on the contradictions.

685 Reviews

Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:17 pm
Rei says...

I can't remember exactly where I got this, but I read somewhere on this site: "Fashion is ugly. That's why they have to change it every six months."

375 Reviews

Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:23 pm

weird but is sounds right to me

375 Reviews

Sun May 01, 2005 3:55 am

aughhhh, i just went on a 5 hour shopping trip for 2 pairs of nice shoes and to pick up my tailored coat..... 5 hours for shoes and a coat...total waste of time.....i hated it....... :evil: :evil: :evil:

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Wed May 04, 2005 11:06 pm
ohhewwo says...

Yeah, the only time I go to the mall is because I'm totally desperate to do something, so I just get my mom to drop me off at the mall so I can walk around and look for someone I can do something with.
"The only difference between me and a mad man is that I am not mad."
-Salvador Dali, surrealist

375 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 3:54 am

i hate the mall, once we went to a mall that was literally a mile long!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:17 pm
Sponson Light says...

Only time I go to the mall is for food and something I may want.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:22 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I hate going to the mall except for the book store and hot topic(love that place). The only place besides hot topic I like to go shoping for clothes is thrift stores. They always have the coolest clothes.

685 Reviews

Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:10 pm
Rei says...

I actually got my prom dress at a thrift store. After paying $60 for the ticket, I had almost no money left.

When a body moves, it's the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I'll tell you who you are.
— Mikhail Baryshnikov