Strength

5 posts
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 890
Reviews 67
I considered putting this in the Other Fiction forum, but I couldn't decide, so I put it here. Enjoy, and feel free to comment.

Strength

I was angry. Sad, too. I needed some rest. Time to sort out my feelings, time to recollect, and wake up tomorrow anew. I couldn't. Couldn't relax until these emotions drifted away. They wouldn't. Thinking made me tired, and the more tired I was the more sleep I needed; the more sleep I couldn't get. I had so much to carry. I wanted to collapse under the weight; I didn't have the strength to stand up. And then I saw the tree.
The tree needed to rest. It couldn't. Not by choice, but rather because of the baby sparrows nesting in its branches. It remained standing.
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 31
Wow, I really don't know why there are no other posts on this. It's really good. I know this isn't very constructive, but there's nothing I would change. Good job.
DJ Dan-shutting down the man!




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1040
Reviews 411
coola nd very moving.

i love this short and thoughful work.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 2702
Reviews 867
The work is very raw and simple. I like it, but I feel that it could be dramatized a little. If this could be used as a frame to set a story on top of, it could reach it's full potential.

It's got potential.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 890
Reviews 67
Griffinkeeper wrote:The work is very raw and simple. I like it, but I feel that it could be dramatized a little. If this could be used as a frame to set a story on top of, it could reach it's full potential.

It's got potential.


Thank you very much :D

I never really thought of using it to set a story around, but I guess that could work very well. Hmm, I'll think about that; right now I have a few other stories I'm working on (they will be full length :wink: ).
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<



When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio