z

Young Writers Society

NaNoEdMo?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:22 pm
Meshugenah says...

I have no novel to edit.. or poetry, for that matter.. and I want to do this. In otherwords.. I'm very close to offering myself as an editor. freely.

and editor-dorks unite! woot-ness.

and I'm highly tempted to say I'll edit someone's NaNoWriMo.. but that'd be insanity. and I'm mean, apparently, when it comes to editing.. (don't look at me, don't think I'm hard enough, but certian people.. like a few of the NTCE people, seem to think I'll destroy their "little beauties" eh.. not going there..).
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:32 pm
Duskglimmer says...

*blinks* you want something to edit?!

*shoves her novel under Mesh's nose* Have at it!

But somehow, I don't think that you really want to agree to that...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:40 pm
smaur says...

Meshugenah wrote:In otherwords.. I'm very close to offering myself as an editor. freely.

Bahaha. You don't want to do that. :twisted: You'll regret it for the rest of your life.

...well, maybe not. But still.

Also: we editor dorks need to throw a party.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

447 Reviews

Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:45 pm
Duskglimmer says...

*nods vigorously* yes, definately. Anything to get me into this editing stuff for real. Right now, I just feel like I'm dabbling in it...

Although, I have done more in the past three days than I have in the last three weeks.

Arg... *refuses to let that satisfy her* Must. Edit. MORE!
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

131 Reviews

Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:10 am
Crayon says...

*dances around with editing in hand* what?!?!?! it's not like i havn't even *cough* started *cough* yet."*Blushes, stops dancing and runs away with editing clutched to my chest* MUST EDIT NOW!
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:42 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

hehe, yes. we editors must have a party.

and Dusky.. I'll be happy to read it, but you don't get off that easily! you point at sections.. and I'll work on those.. in my spare time that doesn't really exist but I'll make time anyway. right. anyhoo, I think I've read about half of The Bearer.. so.. yeah.

and editing something of yours is never a chore! and you use grammar. not grammer. grammar. which makes me happy. very happy.

samur.. yeah. I did offer myself up as an editor once.. it was scary. Luckily it was during the summer..
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

447 Reviews

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:49 am
Duskglimmer says...

Meshugenah wrote:and Dusky.. I'll be happy to read it, but you don't get off that easily! you point at sections.. and I'll work on those.. in my spare time that doesn't really exist but I'll make time anyway. right. anyhoo, I think I've read about half of The Bearer.. so.. yeah.

lol. Nah, I don't need to steal any non-existant spare time from people. Enjoy what little you have.

So... when's the party? *wonders if they're even all in the same time zone*
Boo. SPEW is watching.

447 Reviews

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:50 am
Duskglimmer says...

So, I've got nine hours and eleven minutes under my belt. I'm a little behind, but I'm catching up fairly quickly... (I barely did anything the first three days, so I'm proud!).

How are the rest of y'all doing?

p.s. sorry to double post, but the thread needed reawakening.
Boo. SPEW is watching.

131 Reviews

Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:44 am
Crayon says...

So... when's the party? *wonders if they're even all in the same time zone*

I dont think we are somehow, I live 'downunder' *puts on a really bad accent* and i think there might be just a tad of a time diff.

How are the rest of y'all doing?

Um lets just say your doing better than me *twiddles thumbs*
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

447 Reviews

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:25 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Crayon wrote:I dont think we are somehow, I live 'downunder' *puts on a really bad accent* and i think there might be just a tad of a time diff.

Oh.. yeah... I'm east coast USA... darn... *goes to figure out just how big a time difference we're talking about*

Crayon wrote:Um lets just say your doing better than me *twiddles thumbs*

lol. Well... then allow me to encourage you to go edit... *prods her with a red pen*
Boo. SPEW is watching.

131 Reviews

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:43 pm
smaur says...

... and I'm in Ontario, Canada. Hurray for the moose people.

Crayon wrote:
Duskglimmer wrote:How are the rest of y'all doing?

Um lets just say your doing better than me *twiddles thumbs*

... well ... since I only have two hours of editing, I highly doubt that.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:56 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Ugh... editing. I've only grammar edited my novel about half way through and then I stopped and handed it off to some of my friends to edit. Hehe! It works well. I haven't touched in two months now. Woot. And acutally... I'm working on another novel now. And I haven't even started it. It's all in my head though. I think... lol! It's gonna be awesome though cuz actually, it came to me in a dream and I am not kidding. Flippin' shweet. :D Good luck on your editing though guys!
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

447 Reviews

Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:52 pm
Duskglimmer says...

yoha_ahoy wrote:Ugh... editing. I've only grammar edited my novel about half way through and then I stopped and handed it off to some of my friends to edit. Hehe! It works well.

:shock:

But... what if they totally messed up what you were saying and one of your characters suddenly became the opposite of what you meant him to be and... *rattles off a lot of other unthinkable horrible things that could occur*

*shudders* What if the villain won?

I could never do that...

And on that note... I'm up to eleven hours and twenty minutes *grins*
Boo. SPEW is watching.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:35 am
Areida says...

Woo hoo, go Dusky!

\:D/
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:27 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Duskglimmer wrote:
yoha_ahoy wrote:Ugh... editing. I've only grammar edited my novel about half way through and then I stopped and handed it off to some of my friends to edit. Hehe! It works well.

:shock:

But... what if they totally messed up what you were saying and one of your characters suddenly became the opposite of what you meant him to be and... *rattles off a lot of other unthinkable horrible things that could occur*

*shudders* What if the villain won?

I could never do that...

And on that note... I'm up to eleven hours and twenty minutes *grins*

No... I just tell them to do grammar checking (I suck at grammar) and any questions they had. Like if I need to expand on something that they didn't get, etc.
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet