z

Young Writers Society

we came, we wrote, we failed

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:17 pm
smaur says...

To all of us who didn't make it: what happened? What went wrong? Bask in our collective failure!
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:50 pm
Stori says...

It's not over till the fat lady sings, brother.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:06 pm
Rydia says...

Six days to go still, you can't pull out just yet!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:16 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

I'm probable going to be two or three or four days late on finishing my book... :( *cryies*

*epic fail*

I got a major writer's block at 32k. :?
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:21 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

My NaNo is dead.
That is all.

---

What happened? My characters developed minds of their own and proceeded to kill eachother, resulting in thousands of blank pages and no ending. :lol:
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:27 pm
Juniper says...

NO! NO! NO! [/caps]

Stop guys! It's the 24th of November! We still have 6 more days! There is no giving up and this thread should be locked or something!

Writers block? Rebelling characters? You can work with that all.... just read something else for "a breath of fresh air" and the inspiration will come.

This place is full of writers. Successful writers. I won't let my eyes see a single quitter around here. There's no words of failure or anything until December.

BUT!
Even then, I want alllllll (with extra emphasis on the L's) of you to finish your novels. We don't give up-- ever.

June ;)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:06 am
myfreindsavamp says...

I will never give up! (on finishing my novel. I shall have it done by the end of this month-begining of next month)

But trustme my moms crazy about what happens next in my story... (she's crazy about books.)
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:59 am
smaur says...

I guess I should explain.

I have 47 000 words to write in the next six days, and I am working basically every one of those days for almost the entire day. The few hours I have left to spare have to be donated to a project. There is NO CONCEIVABLE WAY for me to be finished.

I don't mean to discourage anyone from writing; if you think you can do it, WRITE, for the love of god. Even if you don't ... write.

But this is for the people who basically have no chance whatsoever to finish their novels, unless another twenty days fall out of the sky and hit us in the head.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:10 am
Snoink says...

BioChemE.

*nods*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:34 am
Meshugenah says...

Ha, I have something like 30k-35kish, and now thanksgiving and yet more homework! Yay, impending finals of DOOM! And, you know. Three papers due in two weeks, plust huge project and research proposal that requires more research than the paper will. They have killed me, and that count includes the essays I've written. Not all the writing I've done, then I may (if I"m lucky as all else) be close to 40k. But hitting 50? So not going to happen.

Oh well!

Though, if I do by some miracle, feel free to bop me over the head!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:11 am
Inksplatter says...

I decided to do NanoWrimo, but much to my horror, the computer crashed and I had a climax of a meltdown.
When the computer had gotten fixed it was 16th of November, and of course, I couldn't break the wall of nothing, and so I was stuck up until the 20th when I got inspiration.
However, the computer seems to like my meltdowns so it decided to stop working... and it only got fixed yesterday which leaves me under a week to write 50,000 words.
Somehow, I don't think this will happen, so this year, I'm sitting back and watching while those participating melt down to little acidic puddles :D

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:20 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

I have to do 8747 words a day for the next five days, or I've failed. *Prepares to embrace failure.*
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:14 am
cassie17 says...

School. Plus musicals.
Plus, I happen to value sleep.
Hopefully, next year.

-Cassie
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

I am hopelessly addicted to Disney music from the classic animated films.

"In a world of my own, everyone would have a dozen bluebirds."

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:14 am
Made_In_Demise says...

My guinea pig died and it sent me into a downward spiral of night writing after November 15.
"The things that we're frightened of, or told to be frightened of, are not necessarily the things that we need to fear."
-Michael Moore

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:07 pm
Stori says...

Fact: I only wrote about 500 words.
Fact: Most of the time, I was not writing, or working on another project.

Conclusion: I should A) use Write or Die, B) do the yearly challenge instead of the November challenge.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly