z

Young Writers Society

Free Copies of Your NaNo Novel?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:28 am
GryphonFledgling says...

Hey, I was browsing the site and in the "breaking news" box, there's a blurb about how CreateSpace is going to be offering '08 winners a free copy of their novel in paperback form! Details are apparently to be posted on December 1 in the "special offers" page.

I had read about them doing this in the past, but I thought it wasn't going to happen this year. I am so excited!

*scurries off to write more*

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:29 am
KailaMarie says...

Yeah, I saw that too, only I was a little worried because I won't want a copy if it's not edited yet. Like I hope we don't have to send in our first draft. But if we have time to make it better, then I would absolutely love that!!!

...I don't think they'd make us send in the first draft...
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:40 am
miyaviloves says...

Wow really? Thats good thing to do I think - gives people some more motivation. But like Kaila said, I wouldn't want mine done like that without it being edited, it would drive me insane when I read through it! Still, it is really exciting news! *goes to write*

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:53 am
LowKey says...

I got an offer for my 2007 NaNo. It was pretty cool. The best part? It's good for six months. So I can re-write it, edit it, let it set, edit it some more, and so on, then send it in at the last moment for my free copy.

*really wants to win NaNo 08 and get the same offer* My 08 novel might actually be good... if I finish it.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:56 am
Angel of Death says...

Yes, if they give me six months, I will hurriedly edit and do a lot with my NaNo. I will go into super hibernation to see my month of hard work in paperback. Ah, I can have wonderful daydreams. ^_^

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:11 pm
andimlovegalore says...

I think that'd be brilliant =D even if it was just a dodgy first draught cus then I could read it like... book form. And it'd be totally cool to keep as a memento of the first rubbish novel I ever finished haha.

Even better if I could edit it though... but I'd never be happy with my edits >.> not enough to get a proper published-like verison.

108 Reviews

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:27 am
KailaMarie says...

6 months?! -falls off chair then gets up really quick and goes back to writing-

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:14 am
Flemzo says...

Hah, I'll gladly send in my first draft, since I still seem to be keeping on schedule even though I edit as I go.

566 Reviews

Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:42 pm
miyaviloves says...

Wow so you get 6 months to edit it? That's brilliant! I had lost all motivation to write my nano but this really has inspired me now knowing that we can edit it.

Who has actually got one of these done? What kind of quality are they???

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:47 am
The-Phantoms-Thorne says...

Oh that's BRILLIANT! Means I don't have to get ALL of Ed and Henry's story out in one month! Hurrah!
~@ Hyde's Classic Lines @~
“I must say, I enjoy a bit of carnage in the evening.”
“Well, this is the oddest angle I've seen London at, I must confess.”

566 Reviews

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:35 am
miyaviloves says...

So...you have to do 50,000 for Nano then you have 6 months to write mroe? Sorry I don't know why this is confusing me so much!!!

Do they only offer it to a few people? Or to all the winners?????

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:38 pm
deleted2 says...

That is the most awesome offer EVER !

:shock:

Whoa.

Would be way cool to have a paperback copy ^^

Xxx

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:07 am
Merry_Haven says...

I'm with miyaviloves there. Is it to all winners or selected people?

Man, this gives me major inspiration to write more. :D

I'll definitely have to check this out in December. And in paperback? Dude, that's so cool!! I am so hitting 50,000 words.

Oh, and if it's too all winners, then is it true that we can have the paperback thing for 6 months?

Well, off to write more...

-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:53 am
Emerson says...

I think everyone needs to realize that the copy they're offering for free is called a proof copies. A proof copy is used to edit one's novel. Though the agreement I got for my 2007 novel does say that I can post it on amazon to sell, I'm not certain anyone would want to do that. I also looked through Create Space's site a bit, and apparently they need tax info and some other things which don't make sense to my not-in-the-real-world brain yet to sell things on Amazon. So, yeah!

This isn't actually getting you published, especially since POD (print on demand) isn't the best form of publishing out there. It's a copy to help you edit your novel. :D

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/offers
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

108 Reviews

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:21 pm
KailaMarie says...

" As a 2008 winner of NaNoWriMo, you will be eligible to receive a free proof copy of your trade paperback book." Does that mean that only some people get it? And does the copy we get look like an actual book, or is it like just bond? Because I knew it wasn't like getting published to sell, but I didn't know if it like looks good or not.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.
— Friedrich Nietzsche