z

Young Writers Society

Finding Claire Summary

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:12 am
thevoiceinside says...

Hello fellow "insane writers",

Anyone that even attempts this has my highest respect!! It's not easy.

Here is my summary for my NaNoWriMo. I'm wondering what other people think of my plot. Is it strong and do you see it developing into something great? I just need to know if it's complete and makes sense for the most part. Feel free to tell me that it sucks if that's your opinion...I appreciate it just the same. Thanks a bunch!

cheers :)
-thevoiceinside

Finding Claire

Tyler Hendricks, a boy of 16 years, is living a double-life. He’s lost in his own selfishness; living a lie. His family and friends know him as the perfect ‘Mormon kid’ from a typical Mormon family, but others know him differently. He hadn't been the same since his father drowned while on a family vacation. When Tyler finds himself in a gang related mix-up involving a drug deal and a large sum of money, he discovers he’ll never be the same.

One summer morning, Tyler gets a phone call. His great uncle, Randy, owns a cattle ranch in Grace, Idaho and is in need of his nephew’s help. Tyler is forced to leave his home in San Diego, California to work on Randy’s ranch for the summer. Sarah Hendricks, Tyler’s mother, insists that he goes to Idaho because she has noticed a change in him and wants him to wake up and smell the roses.

While in Idaho, however, he hears grave news from home. His younger sister, of five years, has gone missing. Tyler is devastated and for the first time in his life, he realizes that the world doesn’t revolve around him.

Meanwhile…the gang is eagerly seeking Tyler’s location. They have some unfinished business to take care of; a matter of a half million dollars.

Will Tyler find his little sister before it’s too late?
Will he discover himself and hold to his beliefs, the way he was raised?
One doesn’t know until they read his life, page by page…
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:52 am
The-Phantoms-Thorne says...

Sounds good, but how long are you planning to keep him in Idaho for? Will it be long enough to fundamentally change how you portray him at the start?

Otherwise, I like it. Well done.
~@ Hyde's Classic Lines @~
“I must say, I enjoy a bit of carnage in the evening.”
“Well, this is the oddest angle I've seen London at, I must confess.”

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality